10 replies to this topic

#1 scuffy727 OFFLINE  

scuffy727

• Contributor
  • Member No: 601
  • 131 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 02:17 PM

The show was on RFD TV today at 12:30 p.m. and it featured eight different tractors.  The show started by talking to a collector named Steve Johnson who owned somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 garden tractors not counting some of his other parts tractors.  The tractor they featured of his on the show was a David Bradley Tri-Trac, it was a very neat looking three wheeled machine.  Next was a Pennsylvania Panzer 1110 that was slightly modified by the owner who recreated all of the sheet metal parts with stainless steel. Then there was a Shaw Du-All R7 that was a rare tractor and the owner was really interesting to listen to as he talked about Shaw's history.  The fourth tractor featured on the show was a 1972 Case 442 Black Knight Demonstrator that was used by the dealers to demonstrate certain models.  The 442 had a very interesting black and gold paint scheme.  That same collector also owned a beautiful looking red and white Colt 2712.  Another collector owned a B-1 Allis that had dual wheels and a tiller on the back.  The next garden tractor was cool looking little Jaques Mighty Mite 4T it was red and yellow and the owner talked about how he had admired the little tractor for years and he finally got the opportunity to buy it.  Last but not least was a Bush Hog D-4 10 that was in better than new shape out of the state of Florida.

• MH81, gopher, Littledeere and 6 others have said thanks

#2 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for reminding me I taped it now I need to watch it

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sounds like a nice show. We don't have cable so won't see that show. It seems that a lot of people are starting to notice the older GT's and starting to collect them or at least take an interest. 

#4 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

Justin2655
  • Member No: 11487
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 05:03 PM

I seen that about a week ago! Good episode to watch. I don't remember which tractor it was but it was a very decent size garden tractor. Very cool!

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,655 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 05:53 PM

Keep hearing about RFD shows, but my cable doesn't seem to have it on the Basic Digital package I guess. I'm on Comcast. Not sure if even offered on other packages?  Anyone have Comcast and get it?   Seems to be on Dish I've seen advertised.

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,705 Thanks
  • 8,895 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Keep hearing about RFD shows, but my cable doesn't seem to have it on the Basic Digital package I guess. I'm on Comcast.

If it is available it your area, which is not for sure, it would be available if you added the Sports and Entertainment package.

#7 scuffy727 OFFLINE  

scuffy727

• Contributor
  • Member No: 601
  • 131 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 08:27 PM

So far I've seen two different programs the first one was called Small Wonders and this one was called Small but Mighty Garden Tractors.

• sacsr said thank you

#8 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 09:24 PM

I haven't seen RFD TV in years - we used to get it on our Directv system - but Classic Tractor Fever was one of my most favorite shows. 

We have Comcast and I haven't seen it listed anywhere. 

#9 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 10:07 PM

I always watch it on Saturday's. They repeat it through the week as well. I think I have seen all of them but still watch them again Lol.

#10 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 10:48 PM

You can watch them online, I believe, but they require you to give your CC# for a fee of some sort.

#11 Lmiller3358 ONLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,318 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 04:49 AM

That episode of the garden tractors has been airing on and off for a while on RFD, nice looking stuff,,, I do enjoy Classic Tractor Fever, unfortunate a lot of cable systems don't carry RFD anymore ......