• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 953 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 06:16 PM

What years were they produced, and what were the numbers of productions? From what I can tell look's like they were pre 77, was their any made in the closed sided tractors? I know Oliver went out of business some time in their. Thank's for any responces        :thumbs:                                                                                                                    Would LOVE to see any pic's of them you might have of them

Edited by T Guiles, December 13, 2013 - 06:22 PM.

• A.C.T. said thank you

#2 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,364 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 06:26 PM

Oliver branded lawn tractors were built by Jacobsen. The tractors were only built in 1972 because White Motors consolidated its tractor lines under the White brand in 1973. (TractorData,com)

Approximately 400 were made.

Edited by Texas Deere and Horse, December 13, 2013 - 09:19 PM.

• KennyP and T Guiles have said thanks

#3 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • 953 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 06:28 PM

WOW.... any production numbers?

#4 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,364 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 06:35 PM

WOW.... any production numbers?

400 total unable to find any breakdown by models. Anyone know?  Also there was a Canadian version built with red paint. What would that be worth!

Edited by A.C.T., December 13, 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#5 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • 953 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 06:37 PM

400 wow that's pretty cool, so I can assume that in 72 their was White's and Oliver's both produced, What were the differences

• A.C.T. said thank you

#6 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,364 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 06:43 PM

Not real sure. I have a Ford 100, also made by Jacobsen, that is also similar.

White Motor Corporation had owned both The Oliver Corporation and The Minneapolis Moline Company since the early 1960s.   Minneapolis Moline sold garden tractors built for them by The Jacobsen Manufacturing Company.   Early in 1970, White Motor Corp. merged The Oliver Corporation and Minneapolis Moline companies into White Farm Equipment Company.

In 1970 due to the merger, this tractor was then painted "Morning Glory" Blue and "Misty" White, thus the equipment was made available to both Oliver & MM dealers (By special order, they could be ordered in MM Yellow).   This model 114 is a hydrostatic drive powered by a 14 hp. Kohler single cylinder engine.   The mower deck for this tractor is a cast aluminum three blade deck, two small & one large blade.   The deck is raised and lowered by an electric lift.   This combination, Tractor & Mower carried a list price of $1683.00 in 1970.

If you missed it, I posted pictures on the Oliver 105 Lawn & Garden Tractor thread

Edited by A.C.T., December 13, 2013 - 06:51 PM.

• Gtractor, KennyP and T Guiles have said thanks

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,358 Thanks
  • 7,747 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 07:02 PM

The Red Canadian must have been Cockshutt?  Oliver owned them and even White offered tractors for short time in MM yellow, Oliver Green and Cockshutt Reds.  They  were cross-label built between the diff company's, just the paints/decals were changed. Big and small series lines.  The bigger tractors were the White American brand name and were smallest tractors still made in US at time. This is not the GT's here.  I heard the Oliver lines made by Jake were only one year, not sure how many. That is why collectors want so much for them. Tin is not laying around much for these tractors and are one-off, no other brand matches. 

• KennyP, A.C.T. and T Guiles have said thanks

#8 kcoers OFFLINE  

kcoers
  • Member No: 34494
  • 8 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 09:05 PM

I own one of the smallest Oliver mowers. Its a model 75  - 7.5 hp . The also made the 105 - 10hp, the 125 - 12hp , and the 145 - 14 hp

They were only made in '72-'73

• sacsr, A.C.T. and T Guiles have said thanks

#9 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • 953 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thank you for sharing, They are very sharp looking gt's and I'm sure they work great.....Seem's like they were a little pricey at 1683.00 buck's . I have a 72 chevelle ss that sold for $4464.75 new off the lot at Good Chevrolet in Alameda Caliornia. Now I can understand the prices that are asked for them Thank's again

• A.C.T. said thank you

#10 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,849 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 10:02 AM

The red version is a branded White not Cockshutt some friends of mine have some they might post pics. Here are some pics for now.

1972_White_125.jpg

White_105_Town_&_Country_(red)_-_1979.jpg

red white town and country  1.JPG

Edited by Tommy Williamson, December 14, 2013 - 10:08 AM.

• josh deaven, sacsr and T Guiles have said thanks

#11 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 479 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Tommy''s right the cockshutt was a made up decal because a few collectors did not like the town a country decal. There where around 430 to 450 oliver gt's made in the batch of olivers. Mixed in were the red and white town and country gt that where sent to Canada. That where sold in the white dealers. Also the serial tags are different between the two gts. One tags says made for oliver. The other says made for white motor company. How I know I have one of each.  Now know this going to open a can of worms about the cockshutt decals. I received my info form Mr Dumont in Iowa. He is the one that sells reproduction decals and grills for olivers. He also told me that Mr Duane Starr is the one that started this whole cockshutt decal thing. If you want futher info. Please send me a private message. I have been doing a lot of research with old dealers, collectors, and old factory reps to get to the bottom of these gt's. Thanks Josh

Edited by josh deaven, December 14, 2013 - 02:00 PM.

• RAJ, Gtractor and T Guiles have said thanks

#12 yousesteers OFFLINE  

yousesteers
  • Member No: 43831
  • 18 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 09:25 PM

I am not gonna stir the pot because I am an MM guy but I did see a cockshutt with an original serial number tag that said Cockshutt Corporation Canada so I believe a few may have been produced for cockshutt dealers.

#13 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 479 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 10:05 AM

I have an article that was written by Duane Starr. That article was written for a Oliver magazine. Duane worked for Oliver corporation. In that article he stated their where to two serial tags. Which I have stated above. Most guys when they do there cockshutt make up there tags. With today technology anything can be reproduced.

• RAJ and T Guiles have said thanks

#14 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 323 Thanks
  • 323 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 07:48 PM

Here are the pages for an article in the March/April 2008 Hart Parr/Oliver Collector Magazine. It should answer the majority of questions out there about these tractors. A few have made their way in and out of my garage so I am fairly familiar with them also. I have also uploaded the file under: Manuals/Tractor-Implement/Ford-Jacobsen/Brochures-Misc.

Attached Files

Edited by Rajkowski, December 19, 2013 - 09:37 AM.

• josh deaven, KennyP and T Guiles have said thanks

#15 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,083 Thanks
  • 44,104 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 08:50 AM

Here are the pages for an article in the March/April 2008 Hart Parr/Oliver Collector Magazine. It should answer the majority of questions out there about these tractors. A few have made their way in and out of my garage so I am fairly familiar with them also. I know the pages appear small. I have also uploaded the files under: Manuals/Tractor-Implement/Ford-Jacobsen/Brochures-Misc. so you can view the pages full-size. I named the file "Oliver/White Town&Country Article

attachicon.gif1.JPGattachicon.gif2.JPGattachicon.gif3.JPGattachicon.gif4.JPG

attachicon.gif5.JPGattachicon.gif6.JPGattachicon.gif7.JPGattachicon.gif8.JPG

attachicon.gif9.JPGattachicon.gif10.JPG

I may be able to make this into a PDF for you if you don't mind. It would be easier to download. Thanks for putting the info out there for other folks!

• T Guiles said thank you