Simplicity Landlord Value

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jamesc-120 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 51394
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 05:10 PM

I am wondering what you guys would value this simplicity landlord at.

It runs good and does not smoke

Transmission rebuilt 

Rattle can paint job

Tires hold air but are not new

The mule drive/mid PTO is missing but the bevel gearbox pulley for the mule drive is there.

The seat cushion and cover is gone but i do have the original seat pan(currently has a fleet farm seat).

Steering is pretty tight.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
  • bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
  • cccccccccccccccccccc.jpg

• HANKG said thank you

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,460 Thanks
  • 7,347 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 06:51 PM

Welcome to GTT.  The value is very dependant on the local market. They are very common here. I bought a running 725 with snow plow and all around weights for $100 last sumer. It does not  look as good as yours. They run $50 to $200 normally. Each attachment adds to the value. If you need a manual for it, check our manuals section. Good Luck, Rick

• Tomwendt said thank you

#3 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,198 Thanks
  • 1,440 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Ditto what Boyscout said, but I'd add this: It is worth exactly what a) the buyer will pay and b) the seller will accept.  It is worth more to a fellow who needs it and less to a fellow with a barn load of them.  Likewise, it is worth more to a seller who has owned it since new or has poured a bucket of cash into it and less to the daughter trying to settle the estate of her "eccentric" father. 

You just need to google "AJ Foyt garden tractor" to realize the asking price and the likely selling price are two completely separate numbers; neither of which relates in any way to the value of the item.  If you want to know its' value, ask an insurance agent.  If you want to know what it is worth, you have to know how bad you want it or want it gone.

• WHdbJD said thank you

#4 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,295 Thanks
  • 8,666 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 10:04 PM

If the pto is missing, it's a trailer tug with a model-specific rear hitch. It's worth more in pieces than as a whole unit, imo.

#5 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,353 Thanks
  • 1,210 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 01:57 AM

If the pto is missing, it's a trailer tug with a model-specific rear hitch. It's worth more in pieces than as a whole unit, imo.

Unfortunately,that could be true but these are antiques at this point and so many "entrepreneurs" are taking them apart for cash as it is and they just are not making these old tractors any more. I hate to see good running decent tractors parted.  

• KennyP said thank you

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,744 Thanks
  • 2,721 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think there really cool tractors and two myself D.B.  owner hit it dead on