Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Oliver 105 Lawn & Garden Tractor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#16 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Sorry I brought it up. I know very little about the Olivers. All I was getting at is that I've heard there are some fakes out there. Some poorly done and some nearly impossible to tell. I didn't bring up the serial tag thing but I can say I've seen some faked automobile vin tags that were very convincing.

Edited by Canawler, December 15, 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#17 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Sorry I brought it up. I know very little about the Olivers. All I was getting at is that I've heard there are some fakes out there. Some poorly done and some nearly impossible to tell. I didn't bring up the serial tag thing but I can say I've seen some faked automobile vin tags that were very convincing.

I don't question that it happens but I think it would be hard to fool someone who knows Oliver tractors well.The problem might be that there are so few of them out there that there is not much to compare.

#18 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 02:08 PM

I don't question that it happens but I think it would be hard to fool someone who knows Oliver tractors well.

Agreed, I assume the fakes aren't targeting true experts but those who want a "collectible" and have some money burning a hole in their pockets.  But that being said, if the fake is made by someone who really knows Olivers, they'll know what and how to build it.