• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 04:23 PM

What would cause gas to drip out of the carb at the air intake side..The tractor has been sitting for days and I notice a wet spot below the carb- ( gas )  would that be the needle and seat, not seating or the float too high. ??  I thought the needle and seat set the float height ...

Any thoughts  thanks   sodi

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 04:47 PM

What would cause gas to drip out of the carb at the air intake side..The tractor has been sitting for days and I notice a wet spot below the carb- ( gas )  would that be the needle and seat, not seating or the float too high. ??  I thought the needle and seat set the float height ...

Something is up with either your needle or float

You may just need to clean it out real good

Only way to see is open it up :D

• sodisr and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#3 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm not real familiar with the HH-150-170001 Tecumseh motor, but, as most carbs are on these tube frames The float or float needle are the culprit. If the float or needle above the float don't close off the gas it will flood the resevoir and then heads over into the air intake and leaks out a nipple on the bottom of the air intake. It could be as simple as dirt holding the needle open or the worse, your float has sprung a leak, took in gas and won't float anymore.  Good luck.

• sodisr said thank you