21 replies to this topic

#16 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 03:52 PM

The steering appears to be set up the same as the green one, doesn't it?  And it has a T-70 grill also.

Yes, I was looking at the paint to determine the model difference. Realizing that the red one is repainted, and the shifter handle is for a later stile than the T65, it would appear that they are both T70's. I didn't notice the cut out grill and only saying panzer instead of copar on the top.

Its sad to see such a rare tractor in that sad of shape. I was lucky enough to rescue my T55 "almost all rust and in pieces" out of a guys garage who had intentions of restoring it but didn't have time.

• Clint said thank you

#17 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hi guys,

The red one may not look up to snuff, but I threw the front blade on it and gave it a whirl in the snow. I cleared the 2" of snow from the driveway. The rear tires didn't have the best traction, and the front end slid across the ice, but I steered it with the rear brakes. The front tires are too wide and the inside of the tire is rubbing on the spindle. I think I could have used two or three more hands to operate the Panzer effectively though. Lol. The drive lever needs to be adjusted pretty bad. Reverse doesn't have much pulling power due to the lack of contact on the reverse disc. I had to hold the handle forward with my right foot to keep tension on the drive belt while operating the attachment handle with my left hand, steering with a combination of my right hand and both feet on the brakes. It sure was fun though. I waived bye to the girlfriend as she drove away to work and I kept playing in the snow. It was about 35 degrees this morning, but there was virtually no wind so it was not too bad. My phone was dead so I couldn't take any photos....SORRY! I'll try harder next time. I had to get everything put away. I have to work tonight. Happy tractoring!

• sacsr and suburban 12 have said thanks

#18 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 07:05 PM

I learned form the brief time that I had my panzer together, they are very fun to drive. I had mine together when it was warm, but the belt wasn't adjusted completely and I used my foot to keep it tight. Are you going to be parting out the blue one?

• Clint said thank you

#19 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 07:53 PM

I don't plan on parting it out. It will just set in line with the rest of them. If I need something, I'll grab it. But to take the parts off that are good and scrap the rest, I just can't bring myself to do it. Now, the right rear rim may get tossed if and when a better one comes along. Until then, it will stay put.

• panzersarebest said thank you

#20 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Not bad. Any idea what's up with the rear hitch set up on the red one?  Looks like the lower hitch was cut off and that thing bolted on the top.  was that for the plow thingy you got?  There's also brackets welded onto the front axle.  Was there something to fit that?  These are still in decent shape.  Anything is fixable.  The one panzer without the pulleys would be difficult to get going.  There are certain things that a panzer needs to go and are hard to find and the pulleys are one of them.

• Clint said thank you

#21 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 09:26 AM

I used the red one the other day with the push blade in the snow. It worked fair. The blade doesn't drop to the ground without holding pressure on the lever. It rests about 5" from the ground. The catch rod looks like a throttle linkage from a tractor or something. It is a linkage assembly from something anyway and it doesn't hold the blade up either. It just twists and twirls in the hole and says, nah, I'm good. Lol. I'll have to do some tinkering to get it in operable order. It's just a bit too cold and I'm running low on "Free" time due to Christmas. The rear plow is supposed to fit, but I couldn't put it on to try it. The ground was frozen. The rear tires were flat and the linkage being sprung the wrong way made the upper eyelet in the wishbone too low without tipping the plow forward. I think it may be set up for the rear plow, not the front blade in relation to the lift assist. Maybe not. I'll look into when it's warmer. I did not get any attachments for the green one. The guy didn't have a clue what the brackets were for. He bought them a while back and he never did anything with them.

#22 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 08:56 AM

I believe that the lift linkage for a stock panzer was a hard linkage with some slop in it for allowing the snow blade to move up and down a little with the grade of the road.  I replaced mine with a short section of chain just so I could put it all the way down and just allow it to fully float on it's own while in the down position.

• Clint said thank you