• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 truckintyler OFFLINE  

truckintyler
  • Member No: 41579
  • 89 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 10:57 PM

i have a few of these engines and looking at the castings they appear to have blanks to drill the mounting holes for the horizontal side..

after studying the diagrams on partstree.com i see its the same internals and the oil pump which has a tube pickup. I know the carburator and governor linkage need to be reworked but thats child play, also valve lubricaton is a thought.  

anyone do this conversion? i have a few to spare so if it blows up im not too worried. thinking of putting it in my  bolens h14 snowblower as the oh140 is worn out.

#2 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm not sure about the single cylinder engines but on the twins I'm pretty sure they have a deeper closure plate and longer crank shaft to hold the oil and a smaller diameter shaft sticking out that the clutch or pulley bolts onto.     Stewart 

Edited by diesel nut, December 09, 2013 - 11:18 PM.

• truckintyler said thank you

#3 truckintyler OFFLINE  

truckintyler
  • 89 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:22 PM

yes thank you, i know a guy who tried to put a vertical shaft twin command crankshaft  into a horizontal block and it didnt work out for him, hes a member on here too.

#4 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:34 PM

yes thank you, i know a guy who tried to put a vertical shaft twin command crankshaft  into a horizontal block and it didnt work out for him, hes a member on here too.

That was me and it was a $170 dollar mistake..

• A.C.T. and truckintyler have said thanks

#5 truckintyler OFFLINE  

truckintyler
  • 89 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 11:03 PM

So far I've torn into the command and I'm very impressed, I've had many of them but they all worked so well I didn't need to tear any apart.
Very good stuff lots of metal and helectal cut gears.
Here's a pick of the sump from a cv12.5 next to a 21hp intek .

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by truckintyler, December 10, 2013 - 11:04 PM.

• twostep said thank you

#6 truckintyler OFFLINE  

truckintyler
  • 89 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 03:49 PM

So I've made some progress on this conversion, I'm fabricating a pickup tube from old a/c line from a Toyota supra I removed the a/c from years ago but still hold on-to stuff like that.
So since I don't have a tig welder ill be joining the aluminum tube to the aluminum closure plate with either JB weld or liquid aluminum.
Which might work better? I've used both even used liquid aluminum on a VW gas tank that held up or years until I scrapped it.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
I have the dipstick made already using one from a tecumseh h70 and the extended oil drain from a intek twin
Pics will come.