• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 01:40 PM

I recently replied to a kijiji ad for 2 cyl b+s engine, very little info other than "still in the tractor", and not even a pic, when I got there I found he had two tractors that he claimed both run, for $100 I brought them both home, the 2cyl briggs was in an MTD and Im only keeping the motor, it does run but the rest is junk,

The other tractor is this LT11 that I havent had time to look over much, seems to be stuck in gear and I havent tried to start it yet, no plans for it yet and likely no time until spring to do much with it.

...and yes that is another little Sears in the background, runs poorly and has no deck, I let visiting kids drive it around. Im considering putting the 2 cyl b+s in it and building a cool little hot rod for them

Attached Thumbnails

• 003.JPG
  • 008.JPG
  • 011.JPG
  • 012.JPG
  • 013.JPG

• sacsr and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,761 Thanks
  • 7,528 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 01:59 PM

When those get "stuck in gear" it is usually because the parking brake was left on. It will then rust stuck. Spray the brake with PB Blaster and back off the adjusting nut that holds the pads. You should then be able to rock the brake disc loose and take the transmission out of gear. Those are a fun little LTs. Good Luck, Rick

• MH81, IamSherwood and Lance Skene have said thanks

#3 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Nice little tractors

#4 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 08:27 PM

Sounds like a nice haul. That's a good idea letting the kids have a GT of their own to ride.

#5 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 02:52 AM

Sounds like a nice haul. That's a good idea letting the kids have a GT of their own to ride.

well this way I dont need to worry about dangerous attachments, and its small enough for even a 6 yr old to reach the floor boards,  they can pull a trailer to the wood pile with it when the old folks are gathered around the fire or just cruise around the yard. It needs some body work and some paint but the kids have fun with it.

• Sawdust said thank you

#6 shanesaw OFFLINE  

shanesaw
  • Member No: 50433
  • 31 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:29 PM

that lt11 kinda looks like an mtd too.