Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

2014 Craftsman Garden Tractor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Puttinalong OFFLINE  

Puttinalong
  • Member No: 36604
  • 13 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I see Sears is selling a new GT for 2014 and deeply discounted their remaining GT6000 tractors.  Does anyone have information on this new GT?  I have the previous model and I know it was not a favorite of some people that own them but I have had no problem (knock on wood) with my 2013 GT6000 thus far but I haven't put it through too much hard work yet other than cutting grass and pulling the occasional trailer.

I was mostly wondering what the difference is between the new and the previous model?  

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 658 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:08 AM

I have a 2009 PGT9000 that I like very much. It has the same transmission that the newer Craftsman GT's have. I've had good luck with mine, and I have used it to plough my garden and it has done well. It's not the caliber of my Speedex 1631 in that area, but that's comparing apples to oranges. For what my PGT 9000 is designed to do, it works quite well. The ONLY issue I've had is a vapor lock in the fuel line when it's very hot outside and the engine is working very hard mowing taller grass.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#3 Puttinalong OFFLINE  

Puttinalong
  • Member No: 36604
  • 13 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Well I just found out that the new GT for 2014 is made by Simplicity (According to an online chat with their representative).  It should be interesteding to see how uhmm...uhmm "well made" they are from Simplicity for the price tag of $3000 seeing that their last run on GT's for sears was in the $7K range.  

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 1,975 Thanks
  • 5,584 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 01:21 PM

I hope that sears will still stand behind their older models.

#5 iron Mike OFFLINE  

iron Mike

• Member No: 5236
  • 36 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 11:52 PM

I hope that sears will still stand behind their older  models

Sorry

Edited by iron Mike, December 12, 2013 - 11:53 PM.