12 replies to this topic

#1 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Well it has been snowing since 6am. Temp is about 15 degrees and I just got in from putting the chains and blade on the 1500. There was a 20 car pileup on I80 this morning.. will have to see how things shape up in the morning.
  • sacsr, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Have fun playing in the snow!

• JD DANNELS, oldedeeres and JRJ have said thanks

#3 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 06:00 PM

We had our fun yesterday-now it is yours & yours. But be careful having all the fun.

Dick

Edited by JRJ, December 09, 2013 - 09:33 AM.

• JD DANNELS and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Well it has been snowing since 6am. Temp is about 15 degrees and I just got in from putting the chains and blade on the 1500. There was a 20 car pileup on I80 this morning.. will have to see how things shape up in the morning.

I realize that for those who have to deal with it frequently, snow is often just a pain in the buttocks.  However, I've been inside all day, it has been drizzling, or just plain raining, and the temp is hovering around 34 F, just above freezing.  As far as I'm concerned, snow is the pay-off, the prize that makes winter worthwhile, and I am reading with envy all those people who have had snow this winter!

JD, stay safe!

• JD DANNELS, sacsr and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 07:20 PM

I plowed for about 5 hours Saturday and done some widening of some areas today.

Be sure to get some photos/videos for us, stay warm and be careful.

#6 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Been snowing here in Fairmont WV. We got a few inches. But snow. Don't know the roads. And freaking no washer fluid made for a fun trip from the shop to the store. Then I got bent over for a gallon of cheapo blue washer fluid

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Been snowing here in Fairmont WV. We got a few inches. But snow. Don't know the roads. And freaking no washer fluid made for a fun trip from the shop to the store. Then I got bent over for a gallon of cheapo blue washer fluid

Ahhh! Winter! 

#8 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:46 PM

I finally got a chance to play with the dozer blade on my Sears... Had a little bit of fun but could use more :D
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#9 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 09:36 PM

The snow has tapered off to very light. Not enough accumulation to bother plowing (unless it really busts loose tonight).
Since the 1/4 mile lane is gravel i like to pack it down and freeze the gravel in place.
I do not mind plowing a little snow if it is not windy.

#10 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,861 Thanks
  • 3,195 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 11:55 PM

You guys will be sick of me saying this, but we now have 24" of snow on the level, and it is forecast to get to -37C tonight( it's already -30 now) When it gets to -40 the temp. is the same in F. and C.-----COLD !!! I blew snow today and the best thing I can say about the temp. is that when it's that cold the snow blows beautifully.
  • JD DANNELS, Cvans, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#11 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 09:21 AM

You guys will be sick of me saying this, but we now have 24" of snow on the level, and it is forecast to get to -37C tonight( it's already -30 now) When it gets to -40 the temp. is the same in F. and C.-----COLD !!! I blew snow today and the best thing I can say about the temp. is that when it's that cold the snow blows beautifully.

You can keep that where you are. It's now 45 degrees and pouring down rain! Old man winter can't make up his mind

#12 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,732 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sleet and freezing rain here. Very little to any snow in most areas. Roads weren't bad. Plowed the ice and slush off with the golf cart at work this morning.

#13 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 09:27 AM

The snow has tapered off to very light. Not enough accumulation to bother plowing (unless it really busts loose tonight).
Since the 1/4 mile lane is gravel i like to pack it down and freeze the gravel in place.
I do not mind plowing a little snow if it is not windy.

No doubt you get it worse in your little corner of the continent!!  It was 1 degree F when I left the house this morning. My normal 45 minute commute took an hour this morning. I was able to run 50-52 all the way into Altoona andthen for about 6 miles it was 5-20 mph for about 6 miles and then it opened up and I could run 40-50 to moy off ramp. There were a lot of cars in the ditch along the way(went in yesterday or last night) but people have wised up with this second snow of the year and saw no accidents on the way in.

While the temps are not supose to warm up till Thursday it is supose to be clear and sunny all week so I expect things will melt off by weekend.