• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 farmerall OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,132 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Last fall/winter I helped some friends of mine run a new water line to there house after the old one broke. I didn't ask for anything back but they knew I liked old equipment and stuff so they told me I could have an old DB. My friend said that the DB has been sitting under the tarp for as long as she can remember and she has lived on the farm her whole life.  I still need to get time to go pick it up and bring it home but I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me an idea of what model it may be. I know that it has a Continental engine on it and surprisingly it still turns over. I only have one decent picture of it right now. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 102_1042.JPG

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,424 Thanks
  • 2,785 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 02:39 PM

there's a tag on the left side of the gear box that will tell you what tractor it is. It don't look like would have had a conte engine, as the wheels and tires are  the oldest style for DB's. The conte engine tractor usually had the exhaust pipe coming out the bottom of the hood, instead of the normal hood hole a Briggs used. It really appears to be a model 51, that used the briggs, but it could also be a model 56 which used the conte engine. Anyway the tag will tell you what it started out to be.

• superaben said thank you