• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 10:37 AM

Nate that is saddening to hear. I hope the wife continues to improve. On the coat, check with the nurses station. Someone may have taken them there for safe keeping.

• Nato77, Newpaws493 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#17 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 11:13 AM

I did talk to security and they have a investigation dept. that is handling it now. Haven't heard anything on the matter yet. I spent about 2 hours walking and talking to people last night to try and see if anyone saw anything but no luck.
The nurse said she's almost off the blood pressure meds. So tomorrow she should be in a room by herself, I'm very happy about that because that means she's one day closer to coming back home!

Thanks for the support everyone!
  • jdslednut, MH81, sacsr and 5 others have said thanks

#18 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Nate, Glad to hear your wife is doing well, I've spent a lot of time in ICU waiting rooms for Dad and I have never had anything stolen, but I kept a close watch on my stuff. I'm surprised that they don't have video surveillance in their waiting rooms. Good luck on getting your keys back, and tell your wife we are still PRAYING for a full recovery!!

• Nato77 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 11:54 AM

All I can say is Grrrrrrr.  How low.  Glad to hear she's doing well and you'll be back in the area again soon.

#20 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 11:56 AM

That's good news Nate glad to hear your wife is doing much better & close to going home. I spent eighteen months on the federal grand jury a few years ago & I learned so much. I see things so much differently now how crime works, so much planning & their getting smarter at doing the wrong things. I hope your items show up somewhere. Keep us up to date with your wife. Praying.

#21 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 12:17 PM

Glad your wife is doing better. Sorry about the thief. I did hospital security for a few years and I can tell you that all kinds of scum show up in a hospital. Anything that gets left laying around and not stolen is a minor miracle.

#22 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 01:31 PM

Nate,  Glad to hear you wife is doing well and hopefully will soon be in her own room.  Like Brian I have been in the ICU waiting rooms with my wife in ICU.  I'm not as trusting so I also tend to keep my things with me. 

There is a lot of low life scum out there for sure.  There have been numerous reports over the last few years of even medical personnel stealing things from patients as they come in through ER or trauma centers.

#23 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 01:57 PM

Sorry to hear of your dealings with thiefs.  Glad to hear that the misses is doing better each day, that is what is most important right now. 

If you want an example of how aweful the human race is check out what is currently going on in my home town.  I have found the article on several different national websites as well as one from the U.K.  My little hometown is getting worldwide attention from this scum.

http://www.theguardi...st-pennsylvania

Edited by IHCubGuy, December 08, 2013 - 01:58 PM.

• MH81, Nato77 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#24 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 02:29 PM

Most Hospital waiting rooms have security cameras. Get hospital security involved.

#25 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Sorry to hear about your wife's  heart valve , hope all goes well . I hope  they catch the rat that took your coat too

#26 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,921 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 09:36 PM

My MRS. works in the local hospital.  There are security cameras EVERYWHERE!  The perps are on video - I guarantee it. 

#27 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 11:06 PM

I checked with security today and nothing new. But I'm sure they have more important things to worry about than a stolen coat ( ya right). There has been more officers running around today though.

It was like someone turned the switch back on on the wife. She's been sitting up in a chair a few times today, actually eating a little something, off all the meds except pain meds and was even off oxygen for awhile. But she's still stuck in ICU. Everything is going good other than something with the chest tube. But hopefully after an x ray tomorrow she'll get the tube out. Just have to wait and see. She also got to talk to the kids today which I think made her feel better. She's really missing them and vice versa. Was thinking about pulling the kids from school on Tues so they could see her.
  • Gtractor, Sparky, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#28 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 12:13 AM

We are a peculiar species alright. One studies and becomes the heart surgeon who worked on your wife, another steals your coat. Not much logic in it , is there? Glad to hear your wife is doing well and will be home soon.

• HDWildBill, jpackard56, Nato77 and 2 others have said thanks

#29 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 09:45 AM

We are a peculiar species alright. One studies and becomes the heart surgeon who worked on your wife, another steals your coat. Not much logic in it , is there? Glad to hear your wife is doing well and will be home soon.

Oldedeers you bring up an interesting point. 

Nate, glad to hear your wife is improving.  Hopefully she will be in a regular room soon and then be able to go home.

• jpackard56, Nato77 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#30 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted December 11, 2013 - 10:18 PM

The wife finally got out of the ICU on Mon. morning. Its amazing how a persons mentality changes once your not hooked up to all them hoses and wires.

Since she was in a room by herself now I came back home to bring the kids up to see her. It was what everyone needed at the time.

After I brought the kids back to grandma and grandpa's I decided to go into work and work on a truck I was suppose to have done before her surgery. Wasn't my fault it didn't get done all the parts weren't there when they were suppose to be.

Worked most of the night (have to make a little money since we're both self employed) came back home to take a nap on my own bed ( lounge chairs really suck to sleep on) which I needed to get my back straightened out again. Went back up to the hospital early this morning to be with the wife again.

The doctor was going to be seeing her this morning to talk about how she was doing and discuss when she could home. We were both surprised when he said she could come home today! :dancingbanana:

We got home about supper time after picking the kids up from her parents place. A few hours later the wife is already calling me the "mean nurse". She wants to do certain things and "I won't let her do anything" she says. I tell her she has restrictions for a reason. Hopefully she keeps listening to what I'm (and the doctor) are saying.  So finally we can get back to a somewhat normal reality.

No word on the coat and keys. I think they're gone for good. Hopefully the dumb dingbat that took them really needed a coat.

Thank you for everyone's thoughts and prayers!

• jdslednut, MH81, Sparky and 4 others have said thanks