Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Everyone on GTtalk is fine but there are some pretty sad and dispicable people in the world.

I'll start off with I've been sitting in hospital since Fri mourning. The wife had to have open heart surgery to ( what ended up being a repair which I'm happy about) get one of her valves tuned up. She's been on ICU since after the surgery but making good progress. Then last night after I got back from eating with the inlaws I was sitting in the lounge talking to a few people of the phone then decided to go check on the wife. I left my coat and phone chargers sitting in the lounge like I had many times before and returned an 1/2 hour later to find that someone had stolen my coat and chargers. Was really POed about this because its only been a high of 0 degrees at best the last few days. Also not mention I had my car keys in my coat pocket. I'm a mad at myself for leaving them in my coat and not in my pants pocket. The inlaws are staying at a hotel which is where the wife's purse was with another set of keys. So I at least have some keys for the Jeep.
What really gets me is how low do you have to be to steal someone's coat that's tending with enough crap with their spouse being ICU.

I would also like to thank everyone that's been posting on the site to help me take my mind off the wife's whole ordeal!
  • jdslednut, Alc, hamman and 13 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:39 AM

Sorry to hear this, and yes, it's lower than a snake doing such a thing.  They had to know you were there for someone ill.  Glad they made the repair & pray she heals quickly.  

• Nato77, Team_Green, LilysDad and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:41 AM

Many years ago there was a song about imagining a world with no possessions . These same people could not imagine a world without  entitlements  .  Not meant to be political - just a statement of the human condition .

Sorry for troubles you do not need .

• Nato77, superaben, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#4 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yes unfortunately some people are pretty low on the evolutionary scale.  Best not to trust the human race in general, you just never know when some slime will slither your way.

But on a positive note, its good to hear that the missus is doing good :thumbs: .

• Nato77, oldedeeres and JRJ have said thanks

#5 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Yes, there ARE a bunch of scum bags in this world, and yes, WE here at GTTalk are not in that category. I will give someone the shirt off of my back if they ask for it, but it really bugs me when someone wants to steal something of mine. Kind of like lately..... I cleared 8 driveways and sidewalks in my neighborhood the other day because I WANTED to help my neighbors and I knew they would APPRECIATE it. BUT..... if one of those previously mentioned scum bags STOLE one of my GT's so they could clear their driveway.... they had better hope I didn't catch them in the act.

I hope your wife is doing better. I'm sorry that you got introduced to the lower rungs of society while you were taking care of her.

• sacsr, Nato77, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#6 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,477 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Man, that really sucks, hopefully they actually needed it.

Did you report to hospital security?

Good to hear wifey is doing better and got a tune up.

#7 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Nate sorry to hear of your things stolen. Anyone that does that was not raised up right. My dad would never allowed me to get away with anything like that and it was UNDERSTOOD that to do something like would result in loosing my dad's respect plus- if he caught us - it meant taking the product back to the owner -apologizing to them - then punishment from him afterwards. The word is RESPECT- for each other and each other's things- respect of our parents and respect for ourselves. Just no excuse to steal.

Good to hear your wife is doing well. She will be in my prayers.
  • Nato77, Newpaws493, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#8 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:53 AM

real sad story

#9 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:53 AM

I've owned my own business over 35 years and have had to deal with a few that try to take advantage of me. Then I sit back and think that for every one that doesn't have any morals that there are a hundred good and decent one's that I've met.

Anyway down off my soap box. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.
  • sacsr, Nato77, Newpaws493 and 2 others have said thanks

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 09:09 AM

Nate, glad to hear your wife is responding well to recovery. As for the coat, I've had stuff stolen from me before and every time it stings. I guess I will never learn not to trust anyone ever. I just can't do it. Every time it's happened, I am angry enough to take a swing/disappointed in them/mad at myself/etc for a while then end up just hoping that they really needed (it) more than I did.

Tell the wife we are pulling for her and good luck finding your coat and keys. Might keep checking the lost and found, someone may grow a conscience.
  • sacsr, Nato77, Newpaws493 and 2 others have said thanks

#11 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 09:13 AM

Very glad to see that your Mrs. is recovering nicely.  Sad to hear about the theft of your things. 

• Nato77, Newpaws493, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#12 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Nate I'm very sorry to hear this happened to you, and your right, we as a people are sinking to new lows. :(  I am glad to hear your wife is recovering well, and will keep you, and her in our prayers. I wish we weren't so far apart, as I would love to help out in anyway I could. Please let us know when your wife is released, and at home. Thanks

Matt

• Nato77 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#13 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 10:03 AM

Glad to hear that the wife is recovering, About the thief, I don't have the proper words to use for people like that, just scum will have to do for now.

Prayer to your wife.

Dick

• oldedeeres said thank you

#14 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 7,653 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Just like your GT, a good valve job and she's good for another 50 years.

As for the human race, we're mostly good enough. But, some folks are mutants and are best recalled for repairs or destroyed.

#15 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 10:30 AM

Sorry to hear about that, Nate, but some people can only think about themselves and not the guy who is caring for his wife in ICU. 

BTW, we've been praying here in VA for strength for you and a quick recovery for your wife.  Keep us posted how she and you are doing.

Ben W.