• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Central NY OFFLINE  

Dave Central NY
  • Member No: 27835
  • 106 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm almost finished with the cab for the Power King.  It's made with an angle iron frame with 1/2" plywood sides and top. The windows are 1/4" Plexiglass I got from my son and one piece  I bought. I bought a bunch of tables at auction, and the angle iron came from them.

POWER KING TRACTOR S 001.JPG POWER KING TRACTOR S 002.JPG POWER KING TRACTOR S 003.JPG POWER KING TRACTOR S 004.JPG 109_0182.JPG POWER KING TRACTOR S 008.JPG 109_0181.JPG 109_0184.JPG 109_0185.JPG 109_0186.JPG   The first picture is  the angle iron frame. Pic 2 shows the dogleg on the back vertical corner that bolts to the fender using the fender bolt. Pic 3 shows the front corner where it bolts to the top of the frame. Pic 4 is the left side with plywood attached. Pic 6 is the right side showing the door.  Remaining pictures are after I cut the window holes and attached the Plexiglass. The front window is tinted plexiglass on the top, the one I bought and didn't know it was tinted til I took the paper off.  It's pretty much done except for paint. I don't plan to put a back on it but may close off the front bottom with canvas if the snow blows in. I will have to put a brace on the steering column  and maybe a step under the door  and I am going to try to get clear plexiglass for the front.

Attached Thumbnails

• 109_0180.JPG

• Gtractor and Alc have said thanks

#2 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 07:26 PM

I love it. I like the frame work & it reminds me of an Amish buggy.  :thumbs:

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,674 Thanks
  • 4,222 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 11:27 PM

Great work.

As I was looking at the photos, I thought what the heck is that with the engine in back......Then I realized it powers the blower.

#4 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,641 Thanks
  • 1,742 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, I had the same question about the rear engine, until I saw picture 11.

I spent about 4 hours on my HT23 today, pushing snow and piling it... All my clothes are soaked--my pants especially from the snow lighting on them while sitting on the tractor.  I definitely need to get a cab built for it...

I suspect you may need some kind of fabric to bridge the area between the hood and the front of the cab...

Also, let us know how the plexiglass works out for the front windshield... seems to me it would scratch pretty quickly...

#5 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Nice job on the construction.  You will love using the blower now that you have a cab.  I agree that you may want to close off the front, and you may find after a few storms that you want to close the rear too.  That snow has a way of finding the open spaces.

Enjoy :thumbs: