Garden Tractor Forums banner

Lets See Those Winter Outfits

13K views 123 replies 59 participants last post by  mtoney 
#1 ·
Finnally got my stuff around for winter. Been so dang busy lately that I was thinking I was never going to get around to it. Here I have (my brothers) 220 case with plow. My 224 with blower and my 1050 with blower. I havent used these blowers before so we will how it works out. Lets see those winter setups! Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Motor vehicle Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Vehicle Wheel Plant Automotive tire

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

This is what I use. JD2320 with a blade. I mostly use the Ariens walk behind in close to the house where I don't have room to push a lot of snow. I also bought a 49 blower for the JD 314/317 but it needs rebuilding before I can use it. It should be ready for next winter.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just recently put the 49 blower & cab on the 314:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

The 54 blade is now on the 420:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle

And the 70 I, to use on the walks for lighter snows:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

I can always use the 790 w/300 loader if needed.

And I hope I don't need any of them this season! ~~ Lowell

Attachments

#8 ·
Here's mine.... in use yesterday and this morning.... pics were from this morning.

Wheel Tire Snow Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Snow Vehicle

Attachments

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm with uncle willie, we don't need "winter outfits" for the most part. I see people selling snow blowers around here and think... REALLY??? we get between zero and three 6" snows a year, why would anyone around here need a snow blower.

Of course you could say the same thing about a plow, it only gets used once or twice a year.

#10 ·
I posted my snow fleet in another thread just a couple of days ago, but I guess I could do it again :D :D :D

I have two with snow blowers, one with a cab and blade, and one with a FEL.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:57466][sharedmedia=core:attachments:44159][sharedmedia=core:attachments:49236][sharedmedia=core:attachments:34310]

Then if all else fails, and we get too danged tired of snow and cold, I'll unleash my "Secret Weapon", and head for where there isn't any :D :D :D

The "HMS Rainmaker", which we bought last April 15. Here's a walk around vid that the seller posted when it was for sale on eBay:

#13 ·
#17 ·
I'm with uncle willie, we don't need "winter outfits" for the most part. I see people selling snow blowers around here and think... REALLY??? we get between zero and three 6" snows a year, why would anyone around here need a snow blower.

Of course you could say the same thing about a plow, it only gets used once or twice a year.
I knew a guy that moved to NC from upstate NY. He brought a snow blower with him. He would get so frustrated because it was in his way and no one would buy it down here.

#24 ·
Thought I was almost ready for snow. I picked up a WH c111 this fall to do Dad's driveway I blows fairly well going straight ahead but it is impossible to get enough traction to make a turn. If the blower is lifted then it is stearable but doesn't blow much snow then...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.