• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave Central NY OFFLINE  

Dave Central NY
  • Member No: 27835
  • 106 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted December 06, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Well I finally had a chance to work on the cab for my snow blower tractor.  The tractor is a 1978 1614 with tandem transmissions,  loaded 9:50X16 tires . wheel weights and chains. I get my tractor chains at auctions. they are chains for  20 inch truck tires.  I put cross chains every other link and shorten the side chains  to fit the tires.  I'll start with the snowblower.  I bought it new at an auction for $80 the used CC yellow ones were going for $150. Same blower made by MTD.

109_0176.JPG   MTD 2 stage snowblower used on sears CC and others now Power King

109_0177.JPG   mounting rails  and drive shaft

109_0178.JPG   take off the three point and attach  the rails to the tractor

109_0179.JPG   This engine is a Kohler off a Ford GT  the rectangular rails slide in the tractor                                                                   frame where the 3 pt. came out. The round hole is for the exhaust and the U

shaped hole is where the drive shaft for the blower goes. Engine has it's  own

starter but doesn't charge the battery. Throttle cable attaches to the seat spring

Engine has a clutch on the pto side

PK snow movers 003.JPG   I replaced the skids with lawn mower wheels

PK snow movers 002.JPG

Decided to put the cab in another post.

• Alc, TimW and sep have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 08:39 AM

Very nice setup. That Cast Iron Kohler on the back will help with traction.