• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Central NY OFFLINE  

Dave Central NY
  • Member No: 27835
  • 106 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted December 06, 2013 - 07:09 PM

A few years ago, I made a snowplow for my 1978 1614 PK adapted from a Jeep snowplow. At the time I tried to make it just like a factory built PK snowplow so I cut the plow down to 4' 6" . Mistake, I should have left it the full 5' 6".  It sits out in the back yard now.  I thought I had a picture of it because I was going to put it on Craigs list but I will have to take another I guess.

I have a 5' plow made from a snowplow for a 4 wheeler mounted on a 1958 Economy tractor 1 transmission and a Briggs and Stratton engine. Rear tires are loaded with cast iron weights and chains.

PK snow movers 001.JPG

030.JPG

Here's one more I made a few years ago but I never had enough drive way to keep it around. sold it a couple years ago .Cleared the driveway in a couple of passes, where's the fun in that.

MF 35 002.JPG

• Gtractor, Alc, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted December 06, 2013 - 07:18 PM

Nice repurposes. Those PK's look like they are great machines and ready to work.

I bet the Fergy did a nice job for you. Their size doesn't reflect how much work they can do.

#3 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 06, 2013 - 07:25 PM

Those both look like good plows! Being that your plow is 5 feet wide, I would say it is much better then the original.