Garden Tractor Forums banner

Found A Few Good Wheel Horse's This Year!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  zippy1 
#1 ·
I found a few good Wheel Horse tractors to add to my collection this year. The best one is this restored 1956 RJ35 that came with the original Clinton Engine and a nice mower deck. The paint wasn't the greatest so I did some paint restoration on it and it looks good now. The rims are the wrong color and should be black. I'll have to do that in 2014 maybe.
012_zpscb9ea801.jpg
015_zpsaa53f6ee.jpg
. Next was a 1962 Wheel Horse Model #552 with a rare 1962 snow blade. I got this one from the original owners family. I cleaned it up and it looks pretty good. I have the seat and original front tires and rims. The rims on it now go on a rare 1965 WH Model #1045.
031_zps2073c310.jpg
007_zpsa5d52b7a.jpg
Speaking of a rare 1045, I picked up one of them too. One of my favorite Wheel Horses. Got this one at an auction and got it for cheap $100 including the original mower deck. It is kind of rough but I had to have it for that price. I have alot of 1045 parts so I knew it would be a good project. I swapped all 4 tires for the correct style of 1045 tires, the front tires are pretty rare and were only made on this tractor for only a few months before WH quit making them.
027_zps694f2da0.jpg
]Not a bad year so far for hauling them in. All I need now is a 1957 Wheel Horse! Hint hint! Hammerhead

See less See more
#5 ·
Cool tractors.

I was looking at a local ad on CL for something, guy had one of those short rounded hood WH in the background, sparked my eye.

#6 ·
Nice bunch of horses you got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.