Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Notice, Info About G Ttalk And L A G T !

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hi guys!

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for all the submissions for Featured Tractor of the Month!  It really was a fun series, and I hope that it sent more people to GTTalk, because that was our ultimate goal.  Please know that we will continue to support this very insightful and informative forum.  There are absolutely no hard feelings between L&GT and GTTalk or those involved.  In fact, we are working with a few people who have posted some very well-written articles on this site that we will be publishing in the magazine, and in those instances GTTalk will be cited and given credit for those articles.  

As always, we thank all of you for your continued support and your patronage whether you subscribe, follow us on Facebook, or pick up the magazine at a retail  outlet....it is ALL very much appreciated!

Wishing you ALL a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2014!

Kate

• daytime dave, sacsr, jpackard56 and 1 other said thanks

#32 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thank you Kate.  I hope you and Josh and the gang do well with the new magazine format.  I am glad to hear some of the terrific talent here will be published.

I wish you and the gang continued success.

Merry Christmas to you all and have a Happy New Year.

• tractorchick, josh deaven and jpackard56 have said thanks

#33 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,921 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 03:52 PM

OK,  Whats the deal?  I got the March/April 2014 issue of LAGT and GTT's "Tractor of the Month" is right there on page 60 and 61. 

It's good to see these members in the spotlight again!

I'm a cappy Hamper!!  :thumbs:

Edited by Gtractor, February 28, 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#34 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 05:34 PM

OK,  Whats the deal?  I got the March/April 2014 issue of LAGT and GTT's "Tractor of the Month" is right there on page 60 and 61. 
It's good to see these members in the spotlight again!

I'm a cappy Hamper!!  :thumbs:

I believe this will be the last one you will see. The members that had been submitted are in the mag, but the running series will be ending with this issue or next to the best of my knowledge.
  • Gtractor said thank you

#35 earthgrinder ONLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 862 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 07:34 PM

I guess the interest just would not be there, but it would be great to see a magazine devoted to walk behind garden tractors.  That is one thing I really like about the VGTCOA newsletter, lots of two-wheelers and usually an in-depth story of a company that built them.

• bread320i and Gtractor have said thanks

#36 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 09:04 AM

It isn't surprising to me that Kate dropped the "Tractor of the Month" from their magazine.

She had made an agreement with me to run a series on my tractors with one of my tractors in each of five consecutive issues.

She ran the first two than dropped the other three without even letting me know that she was not going to run them.

I was very pleased that she did run two of my tractors but very disappointed that she didn't honor her agreement for the other three.

I told several of my friends that the tractors were going to be in the five magazine issues and now they all think that I was just lying to them.

I always enjoyed reading the magazine but have since canceled my subscription. 

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, wilberj and 1 other said thanks

#37 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 10:58 AM

That suck's I've been looking locally for a copy to read and see if it was worth getting a subscription to, is it worth it? I would love it if their was a quality mag that covered gt's 

They have it in the magazine rack at my local applemarket grocery store...

#38 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 11:24 AM

It isn't surprising to me that Kate dropped the "Tractor of the Month" from their magazine.

She had made an agreement with me to run a series on my tractors with one of my tractors in each of five consecutive issues.

She ran the first two than dropped the other three without even letting me know that she was not going to run them.

I was very pleased that she did run two of my tractors but very disappointed that she didn't honor her agreement for the other three.

I told several of my friends that the tractors were going to be in the five magazine issues and now they all think that I was just lying to them.

I always enjoyed reading the magazine but have since canceled my subscription. 

Now thats BS right there there terning into what MTF is all about the money.  I was going to ask her if she like to come here to the house to do a story on Dad I and the tractors but from the looks of it I dont even like the idea being in the magazine.    

#39 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 11:53 AM

JDCrawler, your articles are still in the que, but the photo resolution isn't high enough for publication.  You may still submit high resolution photos for us to use and publish, or if you prefer, I can remove them from the que.   

That is the primary reason we no longer publish the GTTalk articles....the articles were not being condensed and the photos resolution was entirely to low.  It became a chore for both Brian and myself to get this accomplished.  We had a GREAT 3-year run with GTTalk and continue to support them.  

I apologize if you are unhappy with L&GT.  My staff continues to work hard to make it the top selling garden tractor magazine in the US, England, Canada and Australia.  We are very proud of what we have accomplished.  Our magazine is not for everyone, but the majority of collectors continue to support us and turn to us for their garden tractor needs.  

I wish you the best in your endeavors and am happy to respond to any questions you have via email at kate@lagtmag.com.

Edited by tractorchick, March 09, 2014 - 12:02 PM.

• daytime dave, josh deaven, Gtractor and 2 others have said thanks

#40 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 01:19 PM

Not even sure how to respond to that.

My photos were all taken by the same camera and were all submitted at the same time.

Sure seams that if the photos of the first two  tractors were good enough to publish than the rest of the photos should have been printable also.

• wilberj and powerking56 have said thanks

#41 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 01:29 PM

For example, the Shaw article: none of the photos are even 1MB and we need the photos to be a minimum of 3MB for quality print production.  When the resolution is low, they MIGHT print okay but chances are they won't.  It makes the writer look bad and makes us look bad and with over 20,000 readers we can't take that chance.  If you would like to re-submit the photos, I will schedule to run that and the others that didn't publish.  

Thank you, Ray.  

• jdcrawler said thank you

#42 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 02:15 PM

So lets say the person photos are not 3MB and he/she dont know they need to be to get printed he will not get told of the problem so the photos could be fixed? Sounds like bad business to me.

#43 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 02:52 PM

When someone contacts me regarding an article submission, I tell them photos need to be 300 dpi, copy in a word processing file and if you don't have electronic photos that meet criteria, the photos can be mailed to me for scanning.  Keep in mind, there is never a guarantee that everything submitted to the magazine will be published.  

Today I am typing up a six page, handwritten story and scanning in 16 photos for a collector in northern Indiana who does not use a computer.  He contacted me and asked how to submit his story.  I told him high resolution photos and copy in word processing file.  He said he couldn't do that but asked if he could mail his story in with photos and of course, that was perfectly fine!  If the story is one that I feel would be of interest, I will certainly take time to key it in and scan the pictures.  

Please understand that L&GT is a small business.  I do my work from home while I manage HAPCO Parts and manage a household.  Brandon farms full time and helps with the magazine when he can.  We both are hard working people with families.  We enjoy writing for the magazine and meeting collectors around the world.  It has been a tremendous blessing to us!  But, we can't please everyone and we don't look at ourselves as failures or as a "bad business" because of that.  

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#44 tom tractor OFFLINE  

tom tractor
  • Member No: 51604
  • 182 Thanks
  • 194 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 12:02 PM

Kate and the gang at LAGT...  Your magazine is GREAT! I work in magazine publishing as a photographer and know the difficulties of putting out a magazine.  Money is NEVER on your side.  It is a struggle to keep most magazines in business. Many small magazines and newspapers rely on the passion of it's staff and loyal correspondents.  I for one feel very fortunate to have a magazine that I can enjoy each time it is published.  It is a breath of fresh air in a world of fast paced media.  It feels like a throw back to a simpler time.  Features in magazines come and go all the time. Keep up the hard work!  Thanks.

• tractorchick, earthgrinder, josh deaven and 2 others have said thanks

#45 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:34 PM

Thank  you -- that really means a lot, and it's so true.  Trust me, if we were making big money at this we would both have large homes and new cars and would be taking jets to all the events we attend!  But the team that writes for us, they are all enthusiasts and have a passion to share their knowledge with the garden tractor world.  They aren't employees, they are good friends to both Brandon and myself.  

Thanks again, Tom Tractor!

• earthgrinder, josh deaven, sacsr and 1 other said thanks