14 replies to this topic

#1 zolt OFFLINE  

zolt

• Member No: 1713
  • 10 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted December 21, 2010 - 12:30 PM

First thanks again to all who take time to respond to my questions etc...,
Next, I cannot believe that I can so easily have my own MF 10 owners manual(again thanks to those that take time to share)
but now , I am looking for the red plastic headlight bezel, is there still a possibility of Massey having one? Or would this be just too expensive, even if they had it?
(i did email GT Reproductions, but I'm not sure if they still exist):confuse:

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted December 21, 2010 - 12:42 PM

Theyre putting up a website soon. Theyre $70.00 for the bezel and the steering caps are $20.00. Im not sure how many they have in stock

#3 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted December 21, 2010 - 12:46 PM

First thanks again to all who take time to respond to my questions etc...,
Next, I cannot believe that I can so easily have my own MF 10 owners manual(again thanks to those that take time to share)
but now , I am looking for the red plastic headlight bezel, is there still a possibility of Massey having one? Or would this be just too expensive, even if they had it?
(i did email GT Reproductions, but I'm not sure if they still exist):confuse:

MF has been out of these for many years. Used or GTR is your best bet.

GTReproductions@gmail.com.

#4 101 senior OFFLINE  

101 senior

• Member No: 1393
  • 171 Thanks
  • 326 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 05:15 PM

I have a plastic nose piece. It had a break and a crack in it when I got it. Filled the back with liquid hot plastic after repositioning the sides together. It looks really good and is strong. Just needs painting and a slight bit of body filler on front to smooth out. See photo in photos. email if interested.

#5 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 05:56 PM

Zolt: Did GTReproductions get back to you? Just curious, I know it's around Christmas, but I have sent e-mails back and forth many times in a day when they started the production of the horn buttons.

#6 Klopfenstein MF16 OFFLINE  

Klopfenstein MF16

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 512
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 07:13 PM

Zolt,
As mentioned, Massey is out of the Bezels... Continue trying to get in touch with GTR, I was able to purchase 2 of these as Christmas gifts. With their business being a side business and the fact that it is the holidays, it may take a bit more to get in touch with them. I have to say I was very impressed with the Bezels and I am sure you would be as well. I also purchased the sterring wheel caps, this is also something you may be interested in?? Anyway, keep trying, its worth it!

Steve

#7 GTReproductions OFFLINE  

GTReproductions

• Contributor
  • Member No: 35
  • 3 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 09:12 PM

Zolt,

The email address listed is correct GTReproductions@gmail.com. We have responded to all the emails we have received so please check the address you used. Without our website up we can't insert a usefull link and we can't insert an attachement here, so email is the best way we have to correspond right now. We've been learning how we can operate within the guidlines here on GTtalk since we are a business so thats why you don't see many posts from us yet. Don't want to step on any toes.... This is a great site with A LOT of knowlegable guys.

The repaired bezels work fine too... so get ahold of 101 Senior and check out all of your options.

Thanks,
cropped GTS logo.jpg

Edited by GTReproductions, December 26, 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#8 zolt OFFLINE  

zolt

• 10 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 11:37 PM

they still have not sent anything, but that is fine, i'll just try again. someone offered a used piece(and said to see photo in photos)-but not sure how to get there?
I'm not in a hurry. for now anyway,
it is soooo winter here, i just got home from another Christmas dinner, and on our highway it is blowing, and drifting-and I'm wondering if it will get to the -1C they promised for tomorrow...
I'm anxious to go and pick up the snow blower I got with the mf10.....

#9 zolt OFFLINE  

zolt

• 10 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 11:43 PM

thanks for your reply,
just checked my mail,
and i am looking into the used piece(mine actually has parts of it missing, but i have done lots of one of a kind fabrications and metal art so I'm actually am entertainig thoughts of a custom piece that would look at least as good as the original piece...we shall see...

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 05:44 AM

If both of the headlight bezels on my two Masseys were not in good shape I would definitely be getting replacements from GTR. I would rather have a new reproduction then some of the used ones on eBay that go for over $100.

Just a suggestion GTR, you should post them for sale in the classifieds and you can link to them from your signature, in the classifieds you will be able to post pictures of them too with the ad.

#11 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 10:54 AM

On eBay right now. Just over 8 hours to go.

Massey Ferguson Reproduction Headlight Bezel - eBay (item 250747572199 end time Dec-30-10 16:44:44 PST)

He seems to put them on regularly.

Bob

#12 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:35 AM

On eBay right now. Just over 8 hours to go.

Massey Ferguson Reproduction Headlight Bezel - eBay (item 250747572199 end time Dec-30-10 16:44:44 PST)

He seems to put them on regularly.

Bob

And Larry put a plug for GTT into his ad in the questions/answer area too!:dancingbanana:
Thanks Larry! :thumbs:

#13 Lawntractornut OFFLINE  

Lawntractornut

• Member No: 1552
  • 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 05:38 PM

Wow I didn't know such a place exsisted, how can I get in touch with them for some parts I may need for my MF-12?

Thanks

Ed

#14 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 06:36 PM

Wow I didn't know such a place exsisted, how can I get in touch with them for some parts I may need for my MF-12?

Thanks

Ed

Go here for his profile, then send him a PM or an email: http://gardentractor...treproductions/

#15 GTReproductions OFFLINE  

GTReproductions

• Contributor
  • Member No: 35
  • 3 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 10:06 PM

First I'd like to give FirefyterEmt a hearty THANK YOU for plugging us the way he has. Also a big THANK YOU to George and other administrators here for giving me leeway to post info within the threads. The goal as I understand these forums and groups is to give us tractor guys a group of like minded individuals that can share knowledge and resources to keep these jewels of yester-year going strong. Not all of us have to restore our units to get enjoyment (and a lot of productive work) out of our tractors. I have a Wheel Horse that is my worker and not very photo worthy, but I can rely on it to get the job done and I'm not gentle with my equipment. My MF-10 and MF-14 have yet to undergo the restoration process. So my hat is off to those of you who love and use them just the way they are.

I have a history with the Massey and Wheel Horse brands that goes back over 39 years to my early childhood and brings back many fond memories. As many are aware Massey (and some others) made their garden tractors to resemble their field tractors as much as possible. I guess that's another reason I like these little Massey’s so much. I spent countless hours crawling all over the Massey field tractors & combines as I grew up as well as using the very same Wheel Horse around the house.
My hope is to be able to make at least some of the parts needed for restorations available to those who need them. At the heart I'm a tractor guy who likes a bargain and is pretty much a cheapskate. Some would say frugal, which sounds much more positive, but in reality I can be a real cheapskate. Until I began this adventure with GT Reproductions I had very little insight into the costs associated with purchasing product rights, equipment, production, marketing...... the list goes on. I've learned a lot in a short time period. With every sale I struggle between what I as a buyer would want to pay and what is needed to not totally lose my shorts. I will attempt to keep the quality up and the end product prices down. These items don’t come from China or Mexico, I personally make each and every cap and bezel. I'm not a large company and these are not high volume products which spread the overhead costs over a larger quantity of end sales.
After January I hope to be able to spend some time and attempt reproductions of the steering shaft dash trim ring (modified to not ride up), steering wheel sleeve and the treasured dash cowl or a repair "insert" for the dash. This will entail delving into fiberglass and composites that I have no experience in, so it should prove interesting in the least. I am open to any and all suggestions on possible reproduction items regardless of brand. Currently we use plastic's which limits the potential items. Fiberglass and composites may expand the potential items. I outsource the decals and would be willing to outsource other items (I'm thinking sheet metal forming and other steel items) to anyone with the knowledge and skills to produce them and then market them under the GT Reproductions name. In time I may acquire metal fabrication equipment and learn the skills needed. Who knows where this could go.
Thanks,
Larry
cropped GTS logo.jpg