johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:52 PM

POPULAR

I have been a member of this Great website for almost 3 years now, and with the end of 2013 just around the corner, I took some time to remember some of the things that have stood out to me, or things that had happened this past year. Yes, we all have our different brands of tractors that we collect, yes, we butt heads with each other from time to time, and yes, we ride each other about some of the attachment ideas or brain storms that some of the members come up with. But through it all, we manage to find a way to all join together whenever there is a time of need.

We prayed for Brian (Texas Deere & Horse) due to hard times when his folks lost their house. We cried when Dale (dstaggs) was taken from us with cancer. We pray for Daniel's (oldcowhand) father while recovering from surgery. We rejoiced for Scott (sacsr) as he is in the final stages of completing his Bush Hog collection. And Thanked God that Travis (trav1s) finally completed his John Deere 120 refurbishment. (just kidding). And now we are called together again, to join in prayer for Bob (Robert Webb) and his wife Kimme, as they travel a road that nobody wants to venture.

I guess what I'm trying to point out is this. That no matter how different we are as individuals, or how far apart we may live from one another, we always seem to be able to join together in unity as brothers and sisters, and come together with a family commitment to each other, that you just won't find anywhere else. This place is like no other, and the members here are so dedicated in looking out for each other, and finding a way to reach out and help each other, that it is really hard to grasp if you really think about it. We really have something very special here, and I am just so honored to be able to say that I am a part of it. 

So Thank you guys! Thank you all for taking a few minutes, hours, or even days, out of our busy life styles, to give just enough to make a difference to someone else's lives, mine included. You all are truly inspirational whether you admit or not.

• NUTNDUN, olcowhand, DH1 and 65 others have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 11:00 PM

Amen Troy! And Thank you Brother for all your words on encouragement and inspiration to others here..

• Sparky, johndeereelfman, pwombles and 6 others have said thanks

#3 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 11:08 PM

I agree you all mean a lot to me, and rejoice with and suffer with you. Never found anything like this online.

• Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman, pwombles and 5 others have said thanks

#4 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 11:24 PM

Very well said Troy. I'm a newbie here but feel at home with everyone as well.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman, pwombles and 5 others have said thanks

#5 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 11:55 PM

the old saying -  what comes around goes around

I has been a joy learning and helping and making new friends

peace and joy to all

#6 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 12:11 AM

Newbie to the site, but from what I've read thus far, this seems like a very caring bunch.

Hope to help out any place I can in the future.

• Texas Deere and Horse, lyall, johndeereelfman and 6 others have said thanks

#7 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 12:24 AM

I've only been a member a short time and can tell their is a lot of people that I'd like to meet. I have no problems asking stupid questions "and often do" and never have been made to feel the fool. Many time's have I had a great laugh, and ever some somber moments. I also have noticed that their isn't any know it all's on here, people like that have shut down and will cease to learn anything new. This by far is the best site to learn,laugh,and get to know people with out actually meeting them and I am proud to be a member  Thank to everyone for making this such a great site. :thank_you:

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, lyall and 8 others have said thanks

#8 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 12:28 AM

And thank you troy for helping with the GT community too!

• Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman, bgkid2966 and 3 others have said thanks

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 03:38 AM

I agree, special little recipe we have here. Glad to be a part of the community and associate with the likes of you all. (Even tho my wife shakes her head at me from time to time)

I may be George's "fault" that this website exists, but it's the members that make it what it is.
Case and point is the OP of this thread. Currently he has 1579 posts. While that doesn't make it in the top ten for posters, what is really impressive is he has almost a thousand more "thanks" than posts. (2456)
  • Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, johndeereelfman and 8 others have said thanks

#10 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,417 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 04:13 AM

Thanks everyone for such a great place to visit! And get help and also a touch of reality at times too. It a wonderful community that I enjoy living in.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, lyall, johndeereelfman and 6 others have said thanks

#11 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 06:04 AM

Very well said Troy!  This is a great place to spend time. It's sort of like going for coffee with a bunch of friends every day!

• TheFarm2004, Texas Deere and Horse, lyall and 6 others have said thanks

#12 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 06:20 AM

Very well said, Troy.  This is a great site with a bunch of great folks that care.  Being a part of something good is what life should be about , I think.  Our main topic is garden tractors, but our focus is on the people who own them. 

• Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman, bgkid2966 and 6 others have said thanks

#13 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,802 Thanks
  • 7,542 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 06:23 AM

As Red Green says: "We are all in this together". Good Luck, Rick
  • Texas Deere and Horse, lyall, johndeereelfman and 4 others have said thanks

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,464 Thanks
  • 39,695 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 06:48 AM

Amen Troy! We do have something different here and that is what makes this site so great. Help for no matter what is only a post away! We are blessed to have a great extended family here.

• Texas Deere and Horse, lyall, johndeereelfman and 7 others have said thanks

#15 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,574 Thanks
  • 917 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 06:54 AM

This is a Great Bunch.  Friends and Family is what its all about. 

• Texas Deere and Horse, lyall, johndeereelfman and 5 others have said thanks