Since I am about to get tarred and feathered for not sharing the news, I suppose I ought to do something.
It really has been a "nothing to show" kind of time the past few weeks. Nothing exciting, like a tractor changing colors in one day from splotchy paint, to bare steel, to primer, and then to the final coat. Its a lot of touch up and reinstall.
One exciting thing was that I was able to finally get the tractor off the expensive stands it has sat on for a few months. Remember these? The price was $50 a pair, I'll knock this used set off for $25 (50% savings!!) if you buy it tonight.
Dave was concerned about traction. Once he sent me these tires, I realized that his fears are now groundless.
I think we gained ground clearance, which is a big plus.
The new front tires are much wider. I think they will help bear the forklift much better.
I set the fender on the tractor just for kicks and giggles.
The machine shop who sandblasted it cleaned up the injured corner where the drive pedal must have met it "back in the day." The only spot left is the rip around the bolt. A wide fender washer will hide most of that, anyway. Welding it would probably tear it up worse, anyway.
The hood turned out excellently. There's one spot on top that shows up where the metal had pitted. And a couple dings that didn't beat out all the way.
I think the red and black look great together.
Final parts waiting to be installed:
Edited by superaben, April 20, 2014 - 09:50 PM.