#16 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 11:47 PM

AS I see it,as a buyer and a seller is the thing that hurts selling the large frame decks is the shipping cost,unless you can find one willing to drive the shipping is nuts,just like selling blowers and other large items,I get a kick out of this talk that everything is way over priced,OB is right SUPPLY and DEMAND is the factor of priceing,not to say some things that show up aren't over priced

Edited by blackjackjakexxix, December 04, 2013 - 11:54 PM.

• nglauer said thank you

#17 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 12:30 AM

Not to mention what you are looking at is ASKING price.

NOT what they actually SELL for.

What you ASK for isn't always what you can SELL it for.

• nglauer said thank you

#18 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 01:21 AM

Gannon Earthcavator is cat one will not fit on the tractor.

The flail mower dont even look right.

I have 9 LF 54in decks if I could 100 out of them dont you think I would of sold them by now?

Thats a 48in deck.

Wish you were around when I needed my deck - I traded a set of rear wheels/tires and a NOS 3pt for my deck and still had to do repair work to it! For 100.00ea I would have probably drove to Michigan and bought out your supply of decks. I could easily flip a rusted up 54" for a profit in my area at that investment- as they are IMPOSSIBLE to find in my area . I was actually looking at refurbished decks that were well over $1000.00 at the time... so trading my wheels/tires and 3pt seemed like a good idea when I did it. 

I would still pay that much for a Cat 1 Gannon that size - I have other tractors that'll handle it... and would like one in nice shape (not shiny.. just complete and needing some love). Finding a Gannon Earthcavator in my area is also impossible. I've been trolling online and in classifieds for the last 5-6 years for one without luck. I have no desire to drive 400 miles to get one... but I would travel anywhere in WV, OH, most of PA, or KY and part of VA to get one... by the sound of it I should probably focus my attention on Michigan.... but my inner Buckeye won't let me cross that border until football season is over lol. 

#19 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 10:23 PM

I think most of us are smart and know that list price dont mean sell price.    But for crying out loud some of this stuff is just over priced for what is!

#20 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 11:29 PM

I got a great HT23 THAT im going to sell do to the other tractor I bought... its a great tractor I just don't need a HT23 and a HDT1000

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#21 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 149 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 11:41 PM

So you found an HDT1000 Sam?!?! Thank gawd! Lol, seriously though, fill us in? Pictures, story...it needs a new thread!

#22 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 11:47 PM

So you found an HDT1000 Sam?!?! Thank gawd! Lol, seriously though, fill us in? Pictures, story...it needs a new thread!

I heard he went and got a new john deere. :D

#23 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 12:56 AM

Wish you were around when I needed my deck - I traded a set of rear wheels/tires and a NOS 3pt for my deck and still had to do repair work to it! For 100.00ea I would have probably drove to Michigan and bought out your supply of decks. I could easily flip a rusted up 54" for a profit in my area at that investment- as they are IMPOSSIBLE to find in my area . I was actually looking at refurbished decks that were well over $1000.00 at the time... so trading my wheels/tires and 3pt seemed like a good idea when I did it. 

I would still pay that much for a Cat 1 Gannon that size - I have other tractors that'll handle it... and would like one in nice shape (not shiny.. just complete and needing some love). Finding a Gannon Earthcavator in my area is also impossible. I've been trolling online and in classifieds for the last 5-6 years for one without luck. I have no desire to drive 400 miles to get one... but I would travel anywhere in WV, OH, most of PA, or KY and part of VA to get one... by the sound of it I should probably focus my attention on Michigan.... but my inner Buckeye won't let me cross that border until football season is over lol. 

I got a Gannon Earthcavator with my 1886--it has CAT 0 pins and links on it.

Smitty