22 replies to this topic

#1 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 148 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 07:29 PM

So I've been back on the hunt for a large frame. I had a 1455 I never got running, instead basically traded for a 1050 with hydraulic lift. I have attachments for the tube frames, and as you all know finding implements for the LFs is not as easy and more chowder. I found this Bolens online and it has a few attachments. I'm not sure if any of them are Bolens besides the deck? Also, not sure what model LF this is, thinking a 1455, or a 76 or 77? What can you LF tell me from the pics about the attachments and possibly what model this is?

Attached Thumbnails

• cl--2014745071.jpg
  • cl--748233889.jpg
  • cl--12767624.jpg
  • cl-1141780506.jpg

• wilberj and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#2 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Thats alot of money for that I seen the add. 

The tractor is 1476 All I can see in the pics that will fir that tractor is the deck the big thing with cutter loots to be part of a mott flail mower but I realy cant tell by photos.

• Oregon_Bolens said thank you

#3 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 148 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 07:53 PM

It is a lot of money. I wouldn't spend that much, trade for it, maybe. Thanks for the information. I didn't recognize any of the other attachments in the pics.

Question for you Jerome, are the attachments for the LFs all interchangeable; 1250, 1455, 1476, 1477, 1886, HT20, HT20D, HT23...?

I'm also working on a deal to get a HT20D, has wheel weights, chains, and front blade. Would like a deck and tiller for it...
  • wilberj said thank you

#4 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 08:07 PM

It is a lot of money. I wouldn't spend that much, trade for it, maybe. Thanks for the information. I didn't recognize any of the other attachments in the pics.

Question for you Jerome, are the attachments for the LFs all interchangeable; 1250, 1455, 1476, 1477, 1886, HT20, HT20D, HT23...?

I'm also working on a deal to get a HT20D, has wheel weights, chains, and front blade. Would like a deck and tiller for it...

Yes most stuff will work you just need the right stuff to put the attachments on.   Like lets say the deck in the photo the arms on it are to short to fit on a HT20D.   The tillers for the 1250-1886-04 will not work on the 1886s-05 and newer tractors because the arms will hit the frame.  Just show me what your trying to fit to what and I will let you know if it can or what you need to change. Good luck on getting the HT20D.

• MH81, Oregon_Bolens and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 08:58 PM

In the first pic I see a Mott flail mower, a Gannon Earthcavator, and a rotary hoe.

Looks like the Gannon and the hoe are 3-pt implements, but I don't see a 3-pt hitch on the tractor.

Not counting the missing wheels, there's  something off about the Mott as it sure doesn't like the one on the Mott Brochure.  It looks like it might mount on a LF, but.... 

Here's the Mott brochure:

Attached Thumbnails

• mott flail 18-60 pg 201.jpg
  • mott flail 18-60 pg 202.jpg

Edited by OldBuzzard, December 02, 2013 - 08:59 PM.

• Oregon_Bolens and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#6 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 09:18 PM

In the first pic I see a Mott flail mower, a Gannon Earthcavator, and a rotary hoe.

Looks like the Gannon and the hoe are 3-pt implements, but I don't see a 3-pt hitch on the tractor.

Not counting the missing wheels, there's  something off about the Mott as it sure doesn't like the one on the Mott Brochure.  It looks like it might mount on a LF, but.... 

Here's the Mott brochure:

Thats a cat one Gannon Earthcavator, and a rotary hoe.  you can see parts to a cat one on the pellet. Wont fir the LF

The Mott is not like any mott I have ever seen to much to of a mower for the 14HP anyways so I would think its not factory.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#7 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 12:23 AM

I'd love to have a Gannon.. what kind of price are they asking for everything? I don't think that mott looking mower is for a bolens - is it shaft driven or have a pulley on it? 

• Oregon_Bolens and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#8 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 148 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 09:59 AM

It's a CL ad; http://redding.craig...4222905226.html.

Price is definitely steep for a non running 1476. I was unsure of the attachments. If by some chance he wants an old Honda dirtbike and a half rack of PBR then maybe we can work something out...LOL.

#9 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 01:40 PM

It does seem high - however if everything ran properly and functioned as it should I would probably shoot for it, especially if the price is negotiable. 

I would think that the items sold independently or as parts would bring a return profit too, but it's hard to sell and ship big pieces online.

#10 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 11:52 PM

It does seem high - however if everything ran properly and functioned as it should I would probably shoot for it, especially if the price is negotiable. 

I would think that the items sold independently or as parts would bring a return profit too, but it's hard to sell and ship big pieces online.

Long shot more like take the 1 off.

#11 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'd give 4-500 for a nice Gannon Earthcavator and another 2-300+ for a working Flail Mower. I know an old style 3pt is still worth 200-300, the Aerator looks homemade (but 50-100 wouldn't be out of line), a good solid deck is worth 100-200 easy... so... i'm not seeing where this price is so far out of line? parted out and split up this could be worth 1400 or more. However, the stuff would need to work. Price is really dependent on location and the demand in that area so it is very subjective. 

#12 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'd give 4-500 for a nice Gannon Earthcavator and another 2-300+ for a working Flail Mower. I know an old style 3pt is still worth 200-300, the Aerator looks homemade (but 50-100 wouldn't be out of line), a good solid deck is worth 100-200 easy... so... i'm not seeing where this price is so far out of line? parted out and split up this could be worth 1400 or more. However, the stuff would need to work. Price is really dependent on location and the demand in that area so it is very subjective. 

Gannon Earthcavator is cat one will not fit on the tractor.

The flail mower dont even look right.

I have 9 LF 54in decks if I could 100 out of them dont you think I would of sold them by now?

Thats a 48in deck.

#13 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Long shot more like take the 1 off.

There is a little thing in economics called "Supply and Demand".

When there is an imbalance between the two, prices reflect that.

In some areas, Bolens tractors and attachments are plentiful, and the pricing reflects that. You just happen to be fortunate enough to live in one of those areas, where you can barely turn around without tripping over "something Bolens".

Due to that, you can find Bolens 'goodies' at low prices.

I just searched EVERY CraigsList in Oregon. I found four, yes, just FOUR Large Frames listed in the entire state.

Someone in Oregon wanting a Bolens large frame is going to have to pay more for one just because they are scarce.

Looking at the HT20D that's listed out there for $2,000.00...I don't think that it's a bad price FOR THAT AREA.

You just can't say the something is 'over priced' without taking location and supply/demand into consideration.

Another thing that has to be taken into consideration is that there are more and more people coming into the hobby.

There's a higher demand for the 'old iron' that's out there, and since they aren't making any more of it, pricing is reflecting that.

Unless one is EXTREMELY lucky, the days of the "$100.00 HT23 with FEL and backhoe" are over.

To be sure, there are people out there asking outrageous prices, but asking and GETTING are two different things.
  • sodisr and nglauer have said thanks

#14 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the input but Or was one of the states out west that bolens sold alot of tractors in if there so small numbers out there why would there be a family out there with with half as many as I got.  Then you look out that way and theres a HT20D there how could that got there then if there is such a low number of tractors out that way?    Half the reson people are asking so much for nothing is guys run around saying it worth that!

• accidentalchild said thank you

#15 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 11:11 PM

I don't buy the "If one shows up that means that a lot were sold" theory.

I'd venture to guess that there were a lot of Bolens dealers that NEVER sold an HT20D unless someone actually ordered it. From some info in another thread somewhere, the 20D had an almost $1000.00 higher MSRP than the HT23 which was already one of, if not the, highest priced GTs in it's class at the time.  Not to mention that diesel engines in GTs was not common at that time, and a lot of folks would be leery of going with a diesel, especially with the added cost.

Say what you want about ONE collector in that area, but when you look at the CL listings, Bolens large frames are few and far between.

• MyBolens1053 and accidentalchild have said thanks