#16 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thanks again for the compliments!

Haven't used it yet, I just put the dozer blade on for the 2" we got last night. The tractor is a 1970 and I believe the blower was purchased at about the same time as I'm the second owner of the whole package and the original owner bought it all because his wife worked at Sears her whole life so he got a discount on it.

I just did some quick calculations, there's roughly a 4.5:1 gear reduction via the gearbox and chain drive. Just as an example then if the engine was turning at 3,000 rpm the blower would be running at a little over 650 rpm.

#17 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 01:17 PM

Thats 10 revolutions in a second, seems to be a bit high, did you account for the slave pulley on the blower being smaller than the drive pulley on the motor?

Would you do me a favor once you have it mounted and do an actual count? Should be able to engage the pto and turn the motor over by hand counting the revolutions until the blower does 'one" revolution.... pls and thx.

I think mine might be a little slow as it only blows the snow straight up about 10', if I knew what the oem setup runs I could replace my slave pulley to get it to run closer to the oem spec.

..and for ne1 might be wondering what were talking about.... I have a '57 Bolens on which this same blower has been installed by a PO(possibly my uncle), up to this time I didnt know what the blower was originally for.

#18 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 02:52 PM

Actually both pulleys appear to be about the same size at 4.75" across, there may be a tiny variation but not much at all. That doesn't sound inordinately fast to me for a single stage blower but then again I don't have much to go on in making that assumption either. Maybe someone else can chime in here with what their blowers run at in relation to engine rpm? We might be able to get a good comparison going...

I will certainly double check everything once I get it hooked up, I just wanted to give you something to go on asap.
  • Lance Skene said thank you

#19 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Im not in any hurry to take this thing apart just to change a pulley, it works fine for what I need at the moment just doing small areas that my other tractors dont fit into, and old man winter doesnt appear to want to give me a break either. If I decide to change anything it wont likely happen for awhile.

#20 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted December 12, 2013 - 08:21 AM

Got it all fitted up and tested out even tho we only got about 2" of fluff...so far so good!
uploadfromtaptalk1386854515439.jpg