#1 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 12:50 PM

I just got an update from Miller Tire Company, and found that they are now supplying the 6-12 Firestone Town & Country Tire. These would be the exact tire replacement for the old 1963/64 John Deere 110's and for the early Cub Cadet Originals. Miller used to supply the Carlisle brand tire like this tread design a few years ago, which were really close, but these new Firestones are a dead match. Just thought I'd give you collectors the heads up. I wouldn't pay the asking price for them, $120.00 each tire + shipping, but I know there have been a lot of guys looking for them that will.

Currently, they have them listed on ebay. They might have them listed on their website as well, but I'm not sure. Also not sure if these tires require tubes or not. If so, I'd also bet that they aren't included with the selling price.

If any of you buy any of them, don't forget to post your opinions of them, or let us know how they hold up. 

• Bolens 1000, Texas Deere and Horse, JRJ and 1 other said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Thanks Troy, Their Ad says that they are tubeless.

• johndeereelfman and JRJ have said thanks

#3 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Thanks Brian. Just can't believe the price that they are asking for them though. I don't know how these people expect us to afford new tires in today's economy. Would be nice to have a set or two, but that's too rich for my blood! I guess they feel that if the demand is strong enough, collectors will pay what they have to.  :(

• JRJ said thank you

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 01:03 PM

Dad wants a set for his MM 108, but I won't pay that kind of money for a set for me. I will watch and maybe find a used set one of these days.

• johndeereelfman and JRJ have said thanks

#5 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,735 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 03:42 PM

Anyone have a link?

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:28 PM

Anyone have a link?

Miller tire declined being a site sponsor, but continued to try to use the site for free advertising years ago. After repeated requests to stop, we had to ban them.... Sooo.... Any direct links to their site will either be automatically blocked or deleted depending on the software setup.
  • olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman and 2 others have said thanks

#7 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,735 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:41 PM

10-4 thanks for the heads up

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Now if only they would produce that tread in the 16x6.50x8 for my Estate Keepers!

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Thanks Brian. Just can't believe the price that they are asking for them though. I don't know how these people expect us to afford new tires in today's economy. Would be nice to have a set or two, but that's too rich for my blood! I guess they feel that if the demand is strong enough, collectors will pay what they have to.  :(

I would imagine it must cost a pretty good amount of money to get these made. Suppliers always want to sell in large quanitys as well so maybe he worked a deal for only 100 or so tires but had to pay more for them I know when I went to see about reproducing Bolens blades I needed a minimum of 5000 blades !!!

#10 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:10 PM

I was searching for Firestone 6-12 tires to see if there was an alternative source, and found this post on Weekend Freedom Machines from Feb. 28, 2011.  Pretty interesting.

To update you and answer some of the questions about Firestone tires asked on a previous thread, Miller Tire works with a license agreement to be able to use the Firestone name and tread designs on discontinued tires. Firestone does not make the tires for us.

The 16/6.50-8 tri-ribs are made in Vietnam and the problem we have had with weather-checking has been fixed.

The 23x10.50-12 is made in the USA. The arrow on the sidewall has been removed.

This summer, we will have 26/12.00-12's. The tire will be made in Vietnam. The 26/12.00-12 will have a harder rubber compound for tractor pulling. It will be 70 to 75 durometer while most lawn & garden tires are 60 to 65 durometer.

We will, also, be coming out with the Firestone 23/8.50-12 & 6-12 lug tires. And, the 6-12 Old Style turf tire.

Thank you for your support you continue to give!

• johndeereelfman and backwoods have said thanks

#11 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:13 PM

as much as id love a set for my cub thats to pricey for my blood i think ill keep hunting craigslist or ebay to track down a set