Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Found These Old Walk Behinds - Any Idea What They Are?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 02:32 PM

I also found this but the price gave me a heart attack - then again I have no idea what these are worth. Does this belong to one of the members on here?

http://cincinnati.cr...4111202173.html

ad text: "completely restored 6hp Wisconsin engine have plow to match call or text 859 588 fivefour oneeight.no email"

Ya she is over priced that a 35AB02 Ridemaster the most easy one to find to buy.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#17 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 02:45 PM

This one looks way more original - but I don't know much... other than the price looks better than the other one lol. http://grandrapids.c...4108070678.html -

ad text: Antique 1949 Bolens Ridemaster Type 35AB01, 1949 Original with a Wisconsin AKS motor in good working order, Rubbber good, includes adjustable cultivator $1100.00 

616-842-1280it's

odd that MI has the most things pop up out of the search I did. I figured you already bought everything up there Jerome!

I wonder if there is some type of records out there that show which states Bolens did the most business in? I'd love to know how many, and of what model my Great Grandparents sold at their store. I know they sold 2 wheel tractors and early tube frames - as Dad worked there as a kid and remembered some stuff. I have found some documents at my Grandpa's house, but nothing like sales records etc. It would be really cool if I happened to find some stuff... but i'm sure that it's all long gone.

Attached Thumbnails

• ridemaster 3.jpg

#18 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 03:13 PM

This one looks way more original - but I don't know much... other than the price looks better than the other one lol. http://grandrapids.c...4108070678.html -

ad text: Antique 1949 Bolens Ridemaster Type 35AB01, 1949 Original with a Wisconsin AKS motor in good working order, Rubbber good, includes adjustable cultivator $1100.00 

616-842-1280it's

odd that MI has the most things pop up out of the search I did. I figured you already bought everything up there Jerome!

I wonder if there is some type of records out there that show which states Bolens did the most business in? I'd love to know how many, and of what model my Great Grandparents sold at their store. I know they sold 2 wheel tractors and early tube frames - as Dad worked there as a kid and remembered some stuff. I have found some documents at my Grandpa's house, but nothing like sales records etc. It would be really cool if I happened to find some stuff... but i'm sure that it's all long gone.

I seen that tractor in person its still alot of money for it. Its a 35AB01 the second most found Ridemaster model around.

#19 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 04:07 PM

I also found this but the price gave me a heart attack - then again I have no idea what these are worth. Does this belong to one of the members on here?

http://cincinnati.cr...4111202173.html

ad text: "completely restored 6hp Wisconsin engine have plow to match call or text 859 588 fivefour oneeight.no email"

I would say that price seams fair knowing it's a full restore, working and has a plow. Definitely a show piece.

#20 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ya she is over priced that a 35AB02 Ridemaster the most easy one to find to buy.

And I thought that was a fair price for that. Shows you what I know. LOL. :wallbanging:

• wilberj and nglauer have said thanks

#21 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 05:09 PM

I have found some documents at my Grandpa's house, but nothing like sales records etc. It would be really cool if I happened to find some stuff... but i'm sure that it's all long gone.

Any chance there's old advertisement items around?  There used to be some real nice cardboard displays dealers would have next to the tractors and attachments (I probably will never find any since they were cardboard but you can always hope :D)

Any Signs? Microfiche? Films?

#22 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 06:29 PM

Wish I had $500 and was closer to that Bolens DJ. Missed out on one a couple of years ago for $200 and have been kicking myself ever since. It even has the wheel extensions.

#23 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 06:35 PM

And I thought that was a fair price for that. Shows you what I know. LOL. :wallbanging:

Sorry I have 6 35AB02 Ridemasters I know what there worth. :D

#24 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 11:12 PM

Any chance there's old advertisement items around?  There used to be some real nice cardboard displays dealers would have next to the tractors and attachments (I probably will never find any since they were cardboard but you can always hope :D)

Any Signs? Microfiche? Films?

I haven't seen anything like that... yet. The amount of stuff in the garage is overwhelming and I haven't even ventured into the upper attic in the front side of the garage. I have a feeling none of it made it back to my grandpa's house - the dealership would have been his father inlaw's.. however I have found a few neat things. Once of which is a binder book from the 60's that has information and pricing on some of the tractors, some service recalls, and literature and pricing on some of the attachments. I also found big service books for some of the ford tractors and some old diecast fords that were most likely display pieces at the shop. Never know though... lots of stuff packed into each corner of the garage.. so who knows what i'll find. 

Nick