Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My Sil (Son-In-Law)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:27 PM

People bad mouth Vizio all the time. Everyone I know with one has no complaints.

My dad has a 60" Samsung and he says all the time mine has a much better picture

All of my kids have Vizo and everytime I went and compared the pictures in different store Vizo always came out on top.  So far we have really enjoyed it. 

We also solved another problem.  Our old TV fit is an entertainment center and we were always telling the grand-kids to back up and not sit so close.  As soon as our back was turned they were right up there.  The new TV won't fit so we put it on top and the kid have to back up in order to see it now. :rocker2:

#17 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,691 Thanks
  • 8,886 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Do you personally like having the tv up higher? I mounted my LG with the bottom of it at 5' off the floor and ended raising it up another 8". I wouldn't mind if it was right at the top of the wall.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,233 Thanks
  • 28,597 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 09:18 PM

People bad mouth Vizio all the time. Everyone I know with one has no complaints.
My dad has a 60" Samsung and he says all the time mine has a much better picture

Vizio is a decent picture, and fairly reliable... But that's where my respect ends. They have zero local support anywhere... If it breaks in warranty, you ship it off... Period.

Same with most of the brands. Exceptions being Samsung, LG, Some Sony, some Panasonic... Just depends on product and location. LG is the best nationally for independent or service centers... Just don't buy it at a chain store and then expect a local guy to service it... We say no to anything that wasnt bought at our store... Tired of being WalMart's cleanup crew.

The brands to stay away from are the ones with no repair. They actually build 20% more than they expect to sell and use those for exchanges for in warranty. Bad enough you have to ship it away and wait for the replacement in warranty... Out of warranty, you're hosed. Those names include, but are not limited to:
Olivio, Westinghouse, Polaroid, anything made by Funai, and any name you don't recognize.

Different cable/sat equipment can make a huge difference in pic quality. Same with setup.
Also, every generation is a pic improvement, so a 5 year old LG is going to be trumped by anything new.

Anywho, Bill, glad you got a nice TV. Enjoy and let us know what you think of it in a few months.

PS, Roku and Apple TV are options to add some Smart features to the set. Do your own research on that.

#19 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 11:52 PM

Sounds like your daughter picked a winner Bill.  Enjoy your new boob tube.

#20 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 09:33 AM

Cat, I do enjoy it being up like that as well.  We have a love seat that reclines so I can kick it back and get nice and comfy to watch.  The added bonus is Achilles can't wonder in and block the view at the worse time anymore. :dancingbanana: