13 replies to this topic

#1 NealC OFFLINE  

NealC
  • Member No: 9558
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hello All,

First post and I'm already looking for assistance.

I have a DB that belonged to my Grandfather. I'm not sure of the exact model because it is missing the tag and had no engine. It is a 2 piece frame with the clicker hubs on it. No bells or whistles.

Although it does have some sentimental value since it belonged to my Grandfather, I don't own any tools that do not get used. So I'm currently getting it into good mechanical condition to cultivate the garden.

I purchased a mostly complete speed changer for it. I say mostly because it was missing the Pivot Bracket and Pin (Part Number 575PA676). It is the bracket the bell crank attaches to. This should be pretty easy for me to fabricate, if I had dimensions for the location of the holes and pivot pin.

Please see my feeble attempt at a drawing of the plate. I need the length of "A" "B" & "C" (Actually just B&C since I already know the centers of the bolts). The filled circle would be the pin location with the open circles being the mounting holes.

Bracket.jpg

• MH81 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Welcome to the forum!  There are some David Bradley professionals here who will probably know the answer.  I have one right now that is in line for some love and attention, but I don't claim to know much about them!!

Ben W.

#3 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hello and welcome! :wave:

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 08:59 AM

First off, welcome to GTTalk,
Second... I hope one of our DB guys log on soon and can traipse thru the snow to get you dimensions.

Glad you're saving Grandpa's tractor, I'm sure he would appreciate the fact you are making it earn it's keep.

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 06:41 AM

Welcome to GTTalk , I don't know if those brackets are the same as I have one on my 1958 600 , I could take a pic and give you those sizes but again not sure if they are going to be correct or not

• MH81 said thank you

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 07:29 AM

Please see my feeble attempt at a drawing of the plate. I need the length of "A" "B" & "C" (Actually just B&C since I already know the centers of the bolts). The filled circle would be the pin location with the open circles being the mounting holes.

attachicon.gifBracket.jpg

Welcome to GTTalk , I don't know if those brackets are the same as I have one on my 1958 600 , I could take a pic and give you those sizes but again not sure if they are going to be correct or not

Al, he already knows the length of A, so if he passes that on, you could check yours or if you give them to him and its not the same, he can know from that.
  • Alc said thank you

#7 NealC OFFLINE  

NealC
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Alc,

From what I can figure using the manuals on http://amigatec.net/...s/David_Bradley

(which is fantastic by the way), the bell crank stud is made as part of the transmission housing in the later DB's. I may be wrong as I only have the manuals for reference and have never seen one in person. Even if this is the case, the location of the 5/8" pivot pin should be in the same location as the models with the plate. If you could give the measurements from the pin center to the transmission cover bolt centers in the 1 & 2 o'clock position, this should be what I need.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by NealC, December 03, 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#8 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm not sure if this  is going to help you but here goes . Forgot to write down but it's about 1 1/2" wide 1/4"  thick

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0360.JPG
  • DSCN0361.JPG
  • DSCN0362.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse and NealC have said thanks

#9 NealC OFFLINE  

NealC
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm not sure if this  is going to help you but here goes . Forgot to write down but it's about 1 1/2" wide 1/4"  thick

Well, the pictures verify that the stud is indeed part of the transmission case on the later models. My tractor does not have that and takes a bracket that bolts to the transmission.

To make that bracket I need the distances from the center of the 5/8" stud, Arrow "C" to the bolt center With the Arrow "B", and the center of the bolt that would be somewhere just above Arrow "A".

post-1094-0-42008900-1386126271.jpg

#10 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'll have to try getting those for you tomorrow

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and NealC have said thanks

#11 NealC OFFLINE  

NealC
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:49 PM

I'll have to try getting those for you tomorrow

Thank you very much for assisting me. Have a good evening.

#12 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hope I got the correct bolts but here goes ,,, from the pivot C  to the bolt above it A is 4 5/16"  and from C to bolt B is 2 7/16"

• MH81 and NealC have said thanks

#13 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think your tractor looks like  my older one with ratchet hubs like this picture  ?  The one  with the speedchanger uses a locking differential .  Hope this helps you out.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0364.JPG

Edited by Alc, December 05, 2013 - 07:02 PM.

• NealC said thank you

#14 NealC OFFLINE  

NealC
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 05:49 PM

I think your tractor looks like  my older one with ratchet hubs like this picture  ?  The one  with the speedchanger uses a locking differential .  Hope this helps you out.

Alc,

Sorry for the delay in getting this thank you back to you. I've been out of town for work.

This is exactly what I needed.

• Alc said thank you