Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Nothing wants to start for me anymore...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 21, 2011 - 10:56 AM

This week I dragged the Ariens out of the back yard and got it into the garage to begin digging into why it will not start. Just getting it into the garage was a project all by itself. Having a bucket on the front makes moving without power a challenge.

If you can turn the engine over with the pump on, you ussually can pick the loader up enough to get it off the ground. I have done this before with the help of my big battery charger.

#17 Enginerd OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 611
  • 61 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted March 27, 2011 - 08:46 PM

I pulled the fuel pump, which was a much bigger PITA than I expected. It was a mess inside; full of rust. So I put in a new pump, primmed it, and it ran until the prime ran out, then died. Checked the fuel filter and it was empty. :confuse: So I unscrewed the elbow in the top of the tank where the fuel line attaches and pull out nothing (as in, no line dropping down into the tank). So for all I know, the old pump still worked, but was just sucking air. Ah well. It's all about the learning experiance, right?

#18 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 07:00 PM

Glad you got it going Enginerd! The simple stuff bites us all in the a$$ every now and then. On the bright side, that particular problem will probably never sneak up on you again LOL!