Haven't had much time for this lately, as mother nature has been
keeping me busy. I'm also waiting for Canada Post to bring me the
inline hydraulic filter.
Yesterday, I got around to dealing with an issue I'd overlooked right
from the start. The driven pulley on the tranny, was not original, and
someone had done a poor job on installing it, hence it became
loose and wore out the bore to .030" over 5/8". It couldn't be left that
way, so I found a new cast pulley. Problem is that the input shaft
of the tranny was made for a 5/32" x 5/8" woodruff key, way back then.
Current standard for a 5/8" shaft, is 3/16" key. Rather than trying to single
point cut a 5/32" keyway in the new pulley, I hand filed a step key.
I lucked out, and found some pieces that helped me then fit the pump
drive pulley to the new tranny driven pulley.
I my box of goodies I had a 5/8" shaft stub, a 5/8" ID x 7/8" OD bushing, and
a 7/8" ID weld in hub that fit nice and snug into the pump drive pulley.
This way I could bolt together the pulleys with stand off spacers, nice and true.