I got this one last year, and finally this August got around to
tearing it down. Since then I've done the fixing, straightening, cleaning,
sandblasting, priming, and painting. The engine was good so I decided
to do nothing other than clean and paint, at this point. A few issues that had to
be dealt with are: new axle seals, new front axle pivot bushing/pin, and welding
up cracked hood/fender and tunnel tin.
When I got it, it had the fuel tank mounted outside the hood, and a hydraulic
pump/valve installed in the fuel tank's area. It powered a dump trailer.
I took that out, and build a self powered dump trailer.
Yesterday, I got to some assembly.
As for the upgrade part of this project, I'd like to add a hydraulic powered sleeve
hitch. I'm still scratching my head on that one. I have some pumps, cylinders, hoses
and "too big" valves. So, I could V-belt power the system.
I also have a 12 volt power pack used for trim tabs on boats. I've been wanting to
try doing something with it. It might be a bit slow, but so what.
I plan on plugging away at this project, during the real cold days over the next