Garden Tractor Forums banner

Speedex Is Mine!

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  glgrumpy 
#1 ·
Well, another one aquired! Well, close, not home yet. Got that one on epay, thanks for not out-bidding me! NOW, the road-trip to pick-up. Eastern Ohio, was told in Amish Country? Looks like out in sticks, We'll see! Think I can take 30 all accross state. I know that is good on West side, how is it for the East half? Haven't been past Columbus on it before. Not sure when I'll be getting it, but plans churning in my Head now! "Beam it up, Scotty!" Don't we wish?

#4 ·
It seems like there are a lot of Speedex's in Eastern Ohio, I think they were made out that way.

My sisters take trips up to Amish country very few months.

Can't wait till you post pics!

#6 ·
She knew of the emails and looking at epay cause of Holidays! She's mad, but don't care. She has mentioned the "Last One" statement many times now. I told her about this statement of yours on this forum and asked if she wanted to comment. She said "leave it open", watch out! By the way, I'm going Tuesday to get it. Looks like 7hrs back and forth and then time there. Gonna be all day and I'm sure and tired. SIL going with me. (Son in Law, heh!). Just so no confusion on that Label!

#7 ·
Tahoe, Yep, most are in NE Ohio. They were made there in couple places over the years. Became Strongland tractor just over border in PA short time too, but didn't make it. Seems they are always listed from there on epay and craigslist and no one ever wants to ship a thing. Might be a step backward in time when you go there? This is my second trip for one, and Chuck got one for me from there on one of his trips thru too. Had one delevered by fella from Central Ohio once, he was a truck driver and offered to deliver. I took that offer!

But, really I"m getting out of this hobby soon and no more Road Trips for me! :deadhorse: :smilewink: :(

#9 ·
Well, got home 5:30 with it! Tired and going to bed. Still gotta work 3rd tonight yet. Took couple pix on truck, but too dark to show. Got a couple extra wheels, 2 snow blades, 2 plows I bought extra. Was in Amish Country from young fella and who do you know it is Speedex99gt from here!! Suprise! Pix tommorrow.

#10 ·
Well, got home 5:30 with it! Tired and going to bed. Still gotta work 3rd tonight yet. Took couple pix on truck, but too dark to show. Got a couple extra wheels, 2 snow blades, 2 plows I bought extra. Was in Amish Country from young fella and who do you know it is Speedex99gt from here!! Suprise! Pix tommorrow.
I maybe interested in a plow and snow blade if you ever decide to part with them

#11 ·
Few shots of new rig and attachments. Note the blade on tractor seems kinda light at it's mounting area and other one is heavier there. Both seem to be about same mounting under frame and have an adjustment for something there and the links to lift. Thinking heavier blade for this tractor and might have other for sale. Two plows, one lighter and one heavier. Light one bolts on where rear hitch bolts to tractor. Remove the cross drawbar and it fits inside, same bolts. Other heavy one goes on outside looks like, has several holes for height adjustment? Pretty big tho for this rig. I also have a 16hp tractor, might have to see if it lines up to that better. Not sure if actual Speedex units or not, but seem to connect right. Is there stampings in them for models or brands or do you other guys KNOW that they are correct by site? A pair of wheels with 6" tires, smaller than what my tractors have now. Both holding air at moment anyway when I pumped them up. Extra axle, not sure of condition yet, shifter's loose on it now. Starts and runs great. Got it to start on it's own battery now after jumping and running it awhile. Key don't work, have to jump wire it for now, so will be digging into that. Note the tabs on outer edges of the one blade. Zat for adding widening panels?

Attachments

#12 ·
There are two metal tabs coming from front of tractor, just in front of hood. Some sort of mount? Anyone know what for? Those will probly be coming off. Mower mounting? No mower for this guy and won't be looking for one. Not real clear pix on them, but think you can tell they are there.

Attachments

#14 ·
the last dirt plow and the extra wheels look to be for the S24 series because of the mounting of the plow and the fact that the 5 bolts were used on the s series my 1440 has 6 bolt rims and S24 /17/ 14 all have 5 bolts :smilewink: . the mount on the front doesn't look like any of the mower mount parts i have and my 1440 has a bumper mounted in that location with similar style brackets but they come straight out from the hood mount and are part of it so far as i can see but i would be interested in the extra plow for the S series . thx bolex :thumbs:

#15 ·
Was out plowing today and took a quick look at those front mounts on Speedex. Yep, they should be up level and bolted with one more bolt to become the Bumper brackets. I like the bumper's I've seen and think I'll make one up. Just looks like wide flat stock will do it. Not sure why they were down angled and yet the bolts are tight now. This tractor also has 5-bolt wheels, just bigger tires on them and are taller then. Not sure if wheel width is same, diameter is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.