Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens Ht20 Kijiji Canada

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:40 AM

I know nothing about Bolens, but I thought I'd read here somewhere, that

this model is sought after. IDK??

My BIL lives just around the corner, if that's of any help. I'm about 3 hrs away

from it.

http://ontario.kijij...QAdIdZ547752269

bolens.jpg

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 09:33 AM

That's a pretty good deal, locationaly speaking.

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Not for thay type of money.   HT20 are good tractors and there tons of them around.

#4 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 06:31 PM

That's a pretty good deal, locationaly speaking.

Only to those willing to pay a fair price for what they get. It's very high for those who always expect something for nuttin.

#5 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 06:54 PM

So wheres the pics of it in your shed Hoarder Ken????? :smilewink:

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Not for that type of money.   HT20 are good tractors and there tons of them around.

Not sure I understand your reasoning. The mower deck is worth $100-$200 depending on the time of year sold. The snowblower is worth $150-$300 depending on the time of year sold. I don't see where that tractor is not worth $700-$900 based on the pictures and the description, taking for granted that the description is accurate.

Not to mention the well-documented fact that gt's sell higher in Canada. Call it 10% higher on average. So US price at $1,125? I could sell 10 packages like that one at that price in two weeks out of my garage on evenings and weekends.

Of course, I'm busy looking at this and missed a Cub Cadet 982 with a Sweepster broom and a Curtis Cab in Fargo, ND for $700 on Tuesday night. Oops.

#7 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yes its in canada stuff goes for more. 

But you lookng at somthing you may tern into something worst then it looks....  Lets say this nice looking tractor you buy for $1,250 spits a bull gear with in a month of haveing it were are you now?  I have never payed over $600 for any of my stuff other then my one loader and the HT20 with loader and backhoe tractor I have.   You can pay what ever you like its your right and so can I.  But I know what these tractors take to keep running and how hard and pricy it is to find parts for these.   I got guys running around me buying stuff up for top dollor then tern to me for parts or to fix somthing for them because they dont know how. They dont like the idea of paying what I ask even when its not even half of top dollor!   What really funny People run around buying stuff for top price tern around and let the stuff sit out side well haft the money they spent on tractors could be for a shed like mine to keep the stuff dry.   Im done with this I been called out to many times I'll stop posting on price stuff you guys can do what ever you like.  

One more thing see that deck can you buy blades for it now? No you cant unless you find nos and then you have to like the idea of $32 a blade.  You can alway make somthing up but thats time and money to.

Ok i'll stop befor I get banned but this is just my. .02c    

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ok i'll stop befor I get banned but this is just my. .02c    

Nope, keep right on going. I just wanted to hear your reasoning behind your pricing. You are into these a lot more than I am and that's how I learn.

I have torn apart a blower exactly like that one, the one that came with my G152. I spent over $100 and a ton of time getting it to where it's at now, which is whipping snow so far that the JD neighbors stop and stare. But all the parts were available, I just had sit and research the part #'s, sizes, and calculate how measurements of sprockets to increase speed.

I did the exact same thing to the 48" deck on that Bolens, and everything on it was standard, easily cross referenced and bought off shelves. I did not have to buy blades for it, however. Are the blades on the bigger decks the same as the smaller decks? Center hole with two bolts? Funny that we can't find something that will work to adapt to those spindles..

As far as the tractor, what does the bull gear consist of? Made of unobtainium? NLA?

#9 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:21 PM

[quote name="wilberj" post="388761" timestamp="1385686513"
Ok i'll stop befor I get banned but this is just my. .02c [/quote]

Relax Francis, ain't no body getting banned for their .02 here. You must have this site confused with another one.

Scott, give him a hug will you ?

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:23 PM

Relax Francis, ain't no body getting banned for their .02 here. You must have this site confused with another one.

:big_hug:

#11 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:26 PM

I find prices respond to many "pressures" one being supply and demand,,, you can have what you think is gold and if no one wants it, it aint worth nothing.  On the other hand you can have a turd and if its in demand in your area cha ching.  Alot of folks anymore are into GTs for various reasons and certain brands and models can bring what many think is good money and likely it is but its what the "market" will bear, and if not it doesnt sell.  I think one needs to be real cautious with these  old machines as you can get alot of coin tied up into one getting it back to useable let alone like new, and I dont think folks go after some of these machines with a sharp pencil, they spend a ton on a model in demand, have little to no experience with what it costs to refirb, if they did they wouldnt pay some of the prices we see at times.  On the other hand whats built today that will equal the topic machine?  How much would something in its class go for?  My guess it would pretty much use up 10k might even exceed it with an attachment or two.

I dont think the topic machine is crazy priced but I wouldnt pay that either, there are deals out there to be had, and the better deal you get the more coin you have to repair.

#12 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Nope, keep right on going. I just wanted to hear your reasoning behind your pricing. You are into these a lot more than I am and that's how I learn.

I have torn apart a blower exactly like that one, the one that came with my G152. I spent over $100 and a ton of time getting it to where it's at now, which is whipping snow so far that the JD neighbors stop and stare. But all the parts were available, I just had sit and research the part #'s, sizes, and calculate how measurements of sprockets to increase speed.

I did the exact same thing to the 48" deck on that Bolens, and everything on it was standard, easily cross referenced and bought off shelves. I did not have to buy blades for it, however. Are the blades on the bigger decks the same as the smaller decks? Center hole with two bolts? Funny that we can't find something that will work to adapt to those spindles..

As far as the tractor, what does the bull gear consist of? Made of unobtainium? NLA?

NLA very much so Its down to finding a good rear end with good bull gear in it.  We  will not getinto asking prices for them. :D

#13 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:54 PM

:big_hug:

Um no plz...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NrDWxhilPOs