Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Since I've Been Gone, Since I've Been Gone, Out Of My Head, Cant Take It.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 06:54 AM

Ive said it before and I am gonna say it again.
You guys talk to much!!! :D :D
Been a real busy spring summer and fall for my business. My spare time seemed to be very limited and internet time suffered accordingly. Up early as usual with nowhere to go til we head over to pick up Kathy's 96 year old Grandma to take with us to dinner at her Moms so thought I would spend some time trying to catch up with you guys.
I am never going to get completely caught up reading all of the posts I have missed again so brief me on any important topics.

Heres whats new in Gregs tractor land

AG hydraulic lift and blade rotor finished and operational( need to find a longer throw cylinder for the rotation)

AG rear rear end shifter pin broke or fell out while grading the drive and left the rear rear in reverse when I shifted to forward. Of course this had to happen at the street end of the driveway in view of the subdivision, could have waited til I got back up to the house but nooooooo. Had to remove the belt and have a neighbor help me get it turned around and pointed home. What a BIG PITA :wallbanging:

AG now has one rear end, hopefully have time this winter to tear into the tranny. Wont be using it now anyway as our drive is white and HARD for a few months.

Purchased another B-112 with a tiller and mower deck. (project)

Was told by my next eldest Brother that he was giving my Simplicity 2012 back, been on loan for a year or so.

Was called by one of my BIL's offering a long sought after tractor that had been languishing in his pole barn for ever. No attachments, frame broke and tranny leaks, but has a briggs 16HP that did run when parked and hydraulic lift that I will remove then part out the rest of the tractor.

Simplicity 7016H performed mowing duties flawlessly with vac attached all summer saving clippings for adding to garden.

Allis 919H kept up with its tilling and other general duties as well.

Now to get both of these switched over and ready for winter duties, cab and blower on Simplicity and front blade on Allis.

Hope to see you all more often now and for the next several months anyway.

Time to go browse, knowing there is no way I can ever get caught up.

Edit:
correct pictures previously posted by I.B. Dumb

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 6 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:04 AM

Glad to see you're on, and give Gram a peck on the cheek and a Happy Thanksgiving from all of us who have lost our Gandmas.

BTW and FYI, the attached pictures failed on the post, dunno know why.
  • tinbender7, Michiganmobileman, bgkid2966 and 2 others have said thanks

#3 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,558 Thanks
  • 3,937 posts

Welcome back Greg! 

• Michiganmobileman and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Thanks for getting us up to speed.

Your pictures didn't show up for some reason.

Too bad about the AG breaking down where it did. Murphy's

law. Well, it'll give you something to do over the next few months.

Good luck trying to get caught up.

• Michiganmobileman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:07 AM

Thanks guys I think I got the pics fixed, shows how long its been since I have posted any pics.

• MH81, bgkid2966 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:29 AM

Good to hear from you, Greg! Glad all are well! If a tractor is going to break, it will do it at the most inopportune time. Hope it's an easy fix! I love that grader! Sounds like the rest of the herd behaved, though.

#7 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:58 AM

Welcome back, I knew I hadn't been seeing any posts from you lately.  Too bad about the Allis, but from what I've seen of your work, you'll have her back up and running before long.  

The tractor you posted pics of, that  looks like and MTD 990 series.  They seem to be gaining popularity.  How badly is the frame broken that you don't think you can fix it?  Which I've heard is a weakness of certain 990s anyway.

Edited by HowardsMF155, November 28, 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#8 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Good to hear from you, Greg! Glad all are well! If a tractor is going to break, it will do it at the most inopportune time. Hope it's an easy fix! I love that grader! Sounds like the rest of the herd behaved, though.

HI Kenny, your right on that, with our friend Mr Murphy thrown in for good measures.  I think its just the pin on the shifter arm but will have to break the tranny in half to find out. Figure I might as well have seals and gaskets on hand when I do so.

Welcome back, I knew I hadn't been seeing any posts from you lately.  Too bad about the Allis, but from what I've seen of your work, you'll have her back up and running before long.  

The tractor you posted pics of, that  looks like and MTD 990 series.  They seem to be gaining popularity.  How badly is the frame broken that you don't think you can fix it?  Which I've heard is a weakness of certain 990s anyway.

It is a Farm King and is the same (from what I understand) as the MTD) I hate to say so Howard but I have not even laid on the ground and looked at the frame to see where it is cracked.  It has been sitting where I pushed it off the trailer since this summer when I brought it home.  I will look it over first before I decide to part it.  If its just a break in the steel frame that is repairable and something minor on the fluid leak I may decide to repair or sell it whole.

Edited by Michiganmobileman, November 28, 2013 - 08:24 AM.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#9 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 09:38 AM

Good to see you back on!

• Michiganmobileman said thank you