42 replies to this topic

#16 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:27 AM

There are probably tens of thousands of people looking for early 110 round fenders and most people will never get the rare tractor they are after but that is what makes the search so exciting in my opinion.

You say you have only been searching for a few years?

been collecting for over 10 years but looking for this tractor since I first heard about it

#17 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 01:15 PM

I found this one - I don't think it's an HDT - but it does say "Diesel" in the description... http://delaware.crai...4208912654.html

• OldBuzzard said thank you

#18 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm not sure what model this is.... but you never know... http://dothan.craigs...4217983859.html

• OldBuzzard said thank you

#19 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,167 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 01:24 PM

Can someone post a picture of this hard to find tractor?

I found one of old buzzards on you tube

Edited by new restorer, November 29, 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#20 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Here's a vid of the one that was on eBay:

From looking at the Operators and Parts Manuals it looks to have the right muffler, which appears to be the same as the "Recall Muffler" that Bolens used for the HT20D.

As far as I can tell, the hood side decals are wrong, and it's missing the HT1000 decal on the loeer left corner on the front of the hood.

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 29, 2013 - 01:39 PM.

• nglauer said thank you

#21 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 01:41 PM

I found this one - I don't think it's an HDT - but it does say "Diesel" in the description... http://delaware.crai...4208912654.html

That's an HT20D.

2-cyl is the biggest clue. Plus you can see the fuel filter under the left foot rest.

With it painted like that it would be easy to think that it's an HT23 at a first glance.

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 29, 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#22 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm not sure what model this is.... but you never know... http://dothan.craigs...4217983859.html

Most likely a DGT1700, an HT20D, or even one of the Iseki/Bolens, but ya never know.

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 29, 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#23 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 02:56 PM

thanks ob

#24 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm sure they are out there - where there is one - there is another. I think we'll see more, mainly because someone with one probably just saw the recent amount of money one turned over on ebay. Undoubtedly someone will be questioning how much they'd like that little extra money for a down payment on a newer unit lol. 

I think a good comparison is the infamous "bolens mufflers" - in the last 4-5 years i've seen them raise in price.. because of this I believe we have seen more of them listed. If they were only worth 50 bucks - less people would take the time to list them. 

Anyways - if you ever part with one of those yellow beasts.. let me know.. i'd love to help you make room for a diesel.

#25 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Please allow me time to win the lottery first though... ;)

#26 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm sure they are out there - where there is one - there is another. I think we'll see more, mainly because someone with one probably just saw the recent amount of money one turned over on ebay. Undoubtedly someone will be questioning how much they'd like that little extra money for a down payment on a newer unit lol. 

I think a good comparison is the infamous "bolens mufflers" - in the last 4-5 years i've seen them raise in price.. because of this I believe we have seen more of them listed. If they were only worth 50 bucks - less people would take the time to list them. 

Anyways - if you ever part with one of those yellow beasts.. let me know.. i'd love to help you make room for a diesel.

Yep, If you make a big deal about your purchase or let people know how much you paid or how much you really want something, you will soon see some come out of the woodwork.

I have seen this happen on alot of Bolens Stuff the past couple years.

Best thing to do is not post prices on this stuff in the open forums.... May be too late though as price inflation seems to be in full swing now a days.

• nglauer said thank you

#27 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yep, If you make a big deal about your purchase or let people know how much you paid or how much you really want something, you will soon see some come out of the woodwork.

I have seen this happen on alot of Bolens Stuff the past couple years.

Best thing to do is not post prices on this stuff in the open forums.... May be too late though as price inflation seems to be in full swing now a days.

The "Barrett Jackson Effect" lol - then again anything is for sale if you have the money.... me... i'm rich enough that I window shop daily lol

#28 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Dude patience will pay off. Trust me I have been the and done that. The tractor you want will come to you if you can wait.

#29 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,307 Thanks
  • 2,339 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 03:57 AM

There's more out there..... You've got many more years to track one down.

I think the word rare has lost its meaning anyway. Every Ebay and Craigslist add you see has the word rare in it. To me rare is when only 1-5 exist, not when 8+ are known because there are usually double that amount still around yet to be discovered.

I hear you there.

How many G11s popped up in the past 2 years?O.B. has 3,Brad (nascar3244888) has 2,I have 1 and I know of 2 more.

I wish it wasn't rare because I would like to find a PTO pulley,PTO brake/belt guard and a few other parts for it but you just can't find stuff like that.By the way O.B. the G11s ARE beasts lol.I just put a set of rings and valve guides in her.She's got alot more power than I thought it would and super easy on fuel.

Edited by EricFromPa, November 30, 2013 - 03:59 AM.

#30 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 04:43 AM

Yeah, the PTO parts are hard to find.

I know that Rick Show has at least one of the Guard/Brake bands.

As for the pulley though, I have no clue as to where you might find one.  Two of my tractors have the proper pulley, and the other just has the earlier single belt one.

Fortunately, everything else on the G11, except for the engine, is identical to the G10, so other parts are easy to get.

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 30, 2013 - 04:46 AM.

• EricFromPa said thank you