42 replies to this topic

#1 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 05:08 PM

my friend has a ht23s with a ld6 backhoe and a j24 loader and hes going to restore the 1000 and mount all that stuff on there.... I offered him more then he paid but he said no so I guess the 2 year hunt is over... you guys make it look so easy to find this rare stuff and get it reasonable.... I don't think theres anymore of them I will be able to  get so there goes my dream.... I just wanted something that's rare I have all the popular tractors so I thought it would be great to own a rare piece

• JRJ said thank you

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Does it happen to be in Canada? If not I know where there is another one

• JRJ said thank you

#3 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 05:52 PM

There are probably tens of thousands of people looking for early 110 round fenders and most people will never get the rare tractor they are after but that is what makes the search so exciting in my opinion.

You say you have only been searching for a few years?

• Texas Deere and Horse and JRJ have said thanks

#4 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 149 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'd love to just have an HT20D. There is one near by and I'd love to get my hands on it. The price tag on it is $2000. I don't have 2 grand to drop on a Bolens right now...but if I did I'd be taking pictures of it and posting them here...lol.

• JRJ said thank you

#5 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'd love to just have an HT20D. There is one near by and I'd love to get my hands on it. The price tag on it is $2000. I don't have 2 grand to drop on a Bolens right now...but if I did I'd be taking pictures of it and posting them here...lol.

I paid 2k for my 20D but its in mint condition

• JRJ and Oregon_Bolens have said thanks

#6 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:25 PM

nope its in my back yard 45 minutes away

• JRJ said thank you

#7 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:27 PM

I'd like to talk with the fella that got it and compare notes.

I'd especially be interested if there was anything in the documentation that he got with it that gives any indication in just what year it was made.

In the 1996 Service Seminar Book, it shows an HDT1000 model 2388 being produced in 1982 and 1983.  However, the four that I know of are all model 2388s models.

Since mine, pultilbroke's, and the one on eBay all have the save decal scheme as the HT23 model 2389s, I'm forced to assume that they weren't built until at least the same year as the first 2389s model or later.  That means that they would have been built in the 1984-1987 time frame. All I know about the fourth one, which is in Canada, is that it's definitely a 2388s, but has HT23 decals on the hood.

• JRJ said thank you

#8 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 149 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:37 PM

I paid 2k for my 20D but its in mint condition

The two little pictures I got from the guy via text it looks very clean. The top of the dash is cracked though, which is probably pretty common.

He knows what he has and will not budge on the price. I guess 2k isn't a bad price.

• JRJ said thank you

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Rare is good, but not always. Hard to get parts for some of those rare pieces. My Springfield collection would be considered rare. And most of the parts I struggle to find are the hodgepodge components. Try cross referencing anything and you begin to drive yourself crazy. Top that off with the want to accumulate multiples of those items and you find yourself losing your mind. But then you get those parts figured out and another piece of the puzzle falls into place. You sometimes feel like you are breaking new ground and as a result, get no credit for the ground being broken. You know that others will just use your findings and you will not get a drop of credit as your findings are spread among the masses. And then you find yourself wanting to hoard all of your findings to yourself. Then you start getting anxious and want to spread the word because you realize that if you don't tell the story right, someone else will tell it wrong. I find myself consantly checking my sources and reading places that have it wrong. Sometimes I set them straight, others I leave be. Decided the have to be really wrong before I care. Like the year of the first Springfield relabeled as a Toro. Most get it wrong by one year. But in the same token, I can't deny that the tractors weren't sold as a Toro for those last few months of 1966 after the sellout as that model year, so, I let that one be. The important thing is saving the tractors first, and learning the correct history later. But don't get hung up on rares, they will usually cause nightmares of loss and worry of storage and fireproofing. Believe me, big burden.
  • boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#10 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 07:07 PM

There's more out there..... You've got many more years to track one down.

I think the word rare has lost its meaning anyway. Every Ebay and Craigslist add you see has the word rare in it. To me rare is when only 1-5 exist, not when 8+ are known because there are usually double that amount still around yet to be discovered.

• boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#11 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 07:16 PM

Don't beat yourself up to bad. You have things that I and a lot of other people want but can't locate. You do have one of those post hole diggers that could be considered "rare".  You'll get one someday.

• JRJ said thank you

#12 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 10:06 PM

I will give him and give him your number if im up to it because I have really depressed about this, I never felt sio sick about a tractor                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

#13 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Don't beat yourself up to bad. You have things that I and a lot of other people want but can't locate. You do have one of those post hole diggers that could be considered "rare".  You'll get one someday.

yea I got somethings that are rare but other people on here think there is a million

#14 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 10:19 PM

There's more out there..... You've got many more years to track one down.

I think the word rare has lost its meaning anyway. Every Ebay and Craigslist add you see has the word rare in it. To me rare is when only 1-5 exist, not when 8+ are known because there are usually double that amount still around yet to be discovered.

that's true unless my health takes a bad turn

#15 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 05:48 AM

that's true unless my health takes a bad turn

I will give him and give him your number if im up to it because I have really depressed about this, I never felt sio sick about a tractor                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

yea I got somethings that are rare but other people on here think there is a million

Bud you beating your self up over something you should not this is a fun hobby your not going to get every thing you wish you could. I like 35AA01 Ridemaster my self but I have yet to get one and I been looking for 4 years I know it may never happen.   I know you have been haveing a very hard past year but man a HDT1000 is never worth what your doing to your self.  Your a young guy like me you have a long road ahead of you.  

• Bolens 1000, DougT, LPBolens and 1 other said thanks