• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 04:39 PM

I'm sure we'll get photos eventually. I'm hoping it won't be so wet that everyone is getting stuck.  Compared to recent years it's probably wetter this year. 

#93 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'm sure we'll get photos eventually. I'm hoping it won't be so wet that everyone is getting stuck.  Compared to recent years it's probably wetter this year. 

:rocker:  :reading_the_manual:  :watch_over_fence: :tapping_fingers:

#94 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 05:43 PM

Didn't a big rain go through there just yesterday or so?  Of course I had a big rain come through the night before my plow day & it actually helped tons.  But it was a dry fall, so likely a bit on the soggy side up there this time.  I sure hope it turned out fun for all up in PA.

#95 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 06:56 PM

Cell phone black hole???

Sorry Jim but I have the old type phone and know just enough to send and receive phone calls. I will post some pics shortly.

• Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#96 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:19 PM

Sorry that nobody sent any photos from cell phones. A storm did go thru the area last night and like Chad posted they pulled folks out using the big Oliver. We just got home and I had a great time. We got to see many of our friends from the site. Here are a few pics that I took. George's wife Erica took quite a lot of pics with the big camera and George and I shot quite a bit of video. I'm sure he will post them as soon as possible. Our good friend Larry Sipe was also there taking pictures which he will send to George to post in the gallery. When I checked with Larry he had already taken over 1400 pictures.

Here is the golf cart right after we got there and made one trip down to registration.

2014 Plow Day 001.JPG 2014 Plow Day 002.JPG

This is one of the tractors plowing today. It happens to be a Bolens. There were also 180 other tractors plowing.

2014 Plow Day 014.JPG

These pics show the tractors lined up waiting to be taken to fields.

2014 Plow Day 005.JPG 2014 Plow Day 006.JPG

I'll do another post to show some of the folks plowing.

• olcowhand, DH1, powerking56 and 8 others have said thanks

#97 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:26 PM

These are the other few pics I took today. Like I posted Larry took over 1400 pictures with his nice camera so I just wanted to at least take a few that I could post tonight.

2014 Plow Day 007.JPG 2014 Plow Day 008.JPG 2014 Plow Day 009.JPG 2014 Plow Day 010.JPG 2014 Plow Day 011.JPG 2014 Plow Day 012.JPG 2014 Plow Day 018.JPG 2014 Plow Day 022.JPG 2014 Plow Day 016.JPG

• olcowhand, DH1, powerking56 and 10 others have said thanks

#98 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for the pics Grand!  How did George's HD Hog do?  Hope the engine ran smooth!

#99 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:35 PM

Looks like lots of tractors and lots of plowing, thanks for the pictures.

Really Good stuff  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

#100 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the pics Grand!  How did George's HD Hog do?  Hope the engine ran smooth!

Daniel the Bush Hog did a great job. We only took the Bush Hog and the golf cart. We had a Massey MF7E in the bed of the truck that will go to Will in Canada. Alan (MH81) is taking that home for Will to pick up. The one field that they had us plow had a lot of corn stubble and most of the plowers were having trouble with the plows clogging.George"s plow didn't have the coulter wheel installed and he didn't have any problems. George also took some video of me making a pass on the Hog.

• olcowhand, DH1, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#101 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:51 PM

Looks like lots of tractors and lots of plowing, thanks for the pictures.

Really Good stuff  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

There were lots of tractors plowing and the new location I think works very well. Even though the fields are separated, it allows more tractors to plow without as much waiting to start.

• DH1 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#102 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 08:01 PM

I want to thank Josh and his dad Dave for once again organizing this year's Pa Plow Day. Today was a huge success. The new location I think works very well and I'm looking forward to next years plow day.

• IHCubGuy said thank you

#103 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 08:35 PM

Finally done putting everything away and just now getting a chance to sit down.  AWESOME day!  So good to see everyone and turn some dirt.  I didn't get to talk too much to anybody as I kept one of my 3 tractors in the furrow from the time we started till I quit at about 5:00 with the exception of lunch.

These are the other few pics I took today. Like I posted Larry took over 1400 pictures with his nice camera so I just wanted to at least take a few that I could post tonight.

attachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 007.JPGattachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 008.JPGattachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 009.JPGattachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 010.JPGattachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 011.JPGattachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 012.JPGattachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 018.JPGattachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 022.JPGattachicon.gif2014 Plow Day 016.JPG

I was the first plower in the soybean stubble here which was the first field as well that we did,(smaller tractors only as they divided the smaller stuff from the big tractors like JD 430's and such).  The third picture with George on his Bush Hog I am the Cub first in line waiting to exit the furrow to turn and plow again, in fact I am standing behind the tractor talking to one of my buddies.  Everything that is plowed between me and George is ALL one way on the first round down the field.  I swung in about 3 or 4 tractors behind George to start my second round.  That field was loooonnnnng too and I had to wait at least 5 minutes at the end to let everybody go ahead of me that were waiting to start their first round.  The 5th picture shows me on my 107 just starting my second round.  4 rounds in that field was all I got and I think it took about 2 hrs to do it.

I want to thank Josh and his dad Dave for once again organizing this year's Pa Plow Day. Today was a huge success. The new location I think works very well and I'm looking forward to next years plow day.

I completely agree with you on this George.  Absolutely perfect place to do this.  I left at 5:30 and there was still quite a lot of ground left to plow if you so desired.  The first field we were in couldn't have been any better for plowing.  Yesterdays rains didn't hamper plowing at all.  As of the time I left the board showed 181 tractors plowing and 85 acres plowed.  I would bet that acre number goes up when the final tally is revealed.

Edited by IHCubGuy, April 12, 2014 - 08:41 PM.

• grand, MH81, Alc and 5 others have said thanks

#104 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 502 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 09:54 PM

3rd year for me --the new location was great.   I would like to personally like to thank Alan and his kids for allowing me to borrow the ST-16 to plow on, as well as Jesse (owner of the diesel Sears "Suburban Warfare" on MTF) for letting me use his Custom 10XL.  Between the two, I had my butt in a seat nearly all day.

I will be uploading some pictures my dad took, soon.

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#105 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 09:58 PM

Finally home and cross eyed tired.
Great day, long trip. Kids zonked already, not far behind.
Pics will have to wait.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and Dane in PA have said thanks