• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#46 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 05:37 PM

I am still trying to work out the logistics. I want very much to see all my friends and support the new location, just a lot of "stuff" in the way this year.

Hope you can work it out Allan as I'm sure many are.
  • MH81 and IHCubGuy have said thanks

#47 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hope you can work it out Allan as I'm sure many are.

Agreed.  Hoping that Alan and everyone else can make it.  Looking forward to seeing all my GTTalk friends.

• MH81 said thank you

#48 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 20, 2014 - 06:42 PM

Bump 3 more week to go ! Just got a text message today that Hugh isn't going to make the trip from CT this year. Hasn't been much talk at the other site about this years event either. Guess this crappy weather is not helping Calling for the potential of a good snowstorm here next week.

#49 Hugh OFFLINE  

Hugh

• Member No: 1954
  • 155 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted March 20, 2014 - 07:45 PM

Yep, I won't be attending this year unfortunately. Perhaps if it gets pushed back I could make it. Setting my eyes on next year. I really hope next year can rebound and be big like last year and previous years. 

#50 dgodfrey25 OFFLINE  

dgodfrey25
  • Member No: 16442
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 09:45 PM

Looking forward to another great year at the PA plow day. Did some mods to the tractor a brought last year. Alsorepainted it and put on new decals.
  • Alc said thank you

#51 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• Member No: 8496
  • 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 08:01 PM

Snow storm missed us warmer weather ahead, long range forecast looks encouraging. Going to be a good year with more acres to plow! Fingers crossed, see ya all soon
  • IHCubGuy, Blazer and twostacks have said thanks

#52 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 05:35 PM

Next week guys. Looks like the closest Hotel (I think) the comfort inn in New Columbia is sold out of rooms.

I just tried to reserve one and they show none available. For the 11th & 12th

Another hotel has rooms but for $140 a night. Looks like if I go, I'll be staying in Danville or Williamsport. Both have cheaper rooms.

I'm going to go, if the first few days of next week go well work wise. I've got to jobs to finish before I can go.
  • MH81 and Cat385B have said thanks

#53 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 05:58 PM

Next week guys. Looks like the closest Hotel (I think) the comfort inn in New Columbia is sold out of rooms.

I just tried to reserve one and they show none available. For the 11th & 12th

Another hotel has rooms but for $140 a night. Looks like if I go, I'll be staying in Danville or Williamsport. Both have cheaper rooms.

I'm going to go, if the first few days of next week go well work wise. I've got to jobs to finish before I can go.

Have you tried Lewisburg Ken?  That would be the next closest town with hotels.  They might be a little higher though as its a college town.

Just checked the 10 day forecast and if remains accurate it should be good plowing next weekend.  I am REALLY hoping that it stays the same.

Edited by IHCubGuy, April 03, 2014 - 06:10 PM.

• NJKen said thank you

#54 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 04, 2014 - 06:29 PM

We have attended both days of this event for the last several years and always had a great time. This year I have promised to take my wife to a food truck event in downtown York on the 11th. Linda watches Food Network and the Travel Channel and really enjoys the shows promoting food trucks. These aren't the typical trucks selling hot dogs and hamburgers, but some upscale food. While this event will have some of those types of trucks, we are interested in the trucks serving lobster rolls and crepes. Here is the website for the event: http://www.foodstruckyork.com/details You all know the saying, HAPPY WIFE,HAPPY LIFE.

Anyway, George and I will be heading north early Saturday morning to join our friends at the Pa Plow Day. Hoping to see a lot of familiar faces.

• MH81 and tractorgarden have said thanks

#55 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted April 04, 2014 - 11:07 PM

George,

I am glad to hear you and Jr. will be coming on Saturday, I am looking forward to seeing you guys again !!

#56 Cublover OFFLINE  

Cublover
  • Member No: 9512
  • 90 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted April 06, 2014 - 07:48 AM

Just looked at long term forcast. 50's and sunshine. We are good to go.

#57 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 06, 2014 - 09:04 AM

Just looked at long term forcast. 50's and sunshine. We are good to go.

Hopefully it stays that way. The weather channel is saying 30% chance of rain Friday. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396793067.754607.jpg

#58 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• Member No: 8496
  • 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted April 06, 2014 - 12:57 PM

Weather bug has 65 Friday and 60 sat with no rain, been busy getting ready hope to see everyone in a few days
  • MH81 and Cublover have said thanks

#59 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted April 07, 2014 - 12:48 PM

We have attended both days of this event for the last several years and always had a great time. This year I have promised to take my wife to a food truck event in downtown York on the 11th. Linda watches Food Network and the Travel Channel and really enjoys the shows promoting food trucks. These aren't the typical trucks selling hot dogs and hamburgers, but some upscale food. While this event will have some of those types of trucks, we are interested in the trucks serving lobster rolls and crepes. Here is the website for the event: http://www.foodstruckyork.com/details You all know the saying, HAPPY WIFE,HAPPY LIFE.

Anyway, George and I will be heading north early Saturday morning to join our friends at the Pa Plow Day. Hoping to see a lot of familiar faces.

George, when are you planning on heading out? I'll be leaving early Saturday morning too. Allison wants to go again and this time my wife may tag along for the day.  Gary

• MH81 said thank you

#60 skippystoys OFFLINE  

skippystoys
  • Member No: 55421
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 07, 2014 - 07:50 PM

can't wait ready to play in the dirt this will be my second year but my first with my tractor and plow hope to see you all there