Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

9Th Annual Pa Plow Day April 11Th And 12Th 2014

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#16 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 15,245 Thanks
  • 21,846 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 10:15 AM

OB, it takes us about 5 + to get there from Cochranton. Including potty breaks.

I think it would be closer to 6 for you with the construction... you've driven further for a Bolens Matchbook than that. :poke:
  • NUTNDUN, OldBuzzard, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#17 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,426 Thanks
  • 1,422 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 12:56 PM

Thank you.

That's about 5 1/2 hrs from me, and could be doable.

Straight shot across PA on I-80.

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#18 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 348 Thanks
  • 424 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 12:59 PM

Not bad, just a two hour drive from here. Might see about swinging up.

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#19 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 4,007 Thanks
  • 3,640 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 01:14 PM

OB, it takes us about 5 + to get there from Cochranton. Including potty breaks.

I think it would be closer to 6 for you with the construction... you've driven further for a Bolens Matchbook than that. :poke:

I'm using 'downtown' Danville as the end, and get these results:

Mapquest - 329.19 mi/5 hr. 16 min.

MS Streets & Trips - 329.2 mi/4 hr. 43 min

That's just driving time. Any 'potty break' would be real short, as all I need to do is pull over to the side of the road :D :D :D
  • NUTNDUN, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#20 Cublover OFFLINE  

Cublover
  • Member No: 9512
  • 49 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 10:53 PM

I am glad to hear that there will be a 9th. I haddn't heard anything and was concerned they were not going to do it again. Hope we have better weather this year. See everyone there. I will keep watching for updates.

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#21 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,301 Thanks
  • 1,252 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 08:51 AM

Thank you.

That's about 5 1/2 hrs from me, and could be doable.

Hope you can make it this Year OB.
Last year there were very few Bolens there. I'm not 100% sure but I believe my HT-23 was the only Bolens plowing. Hopefully you will be bringing one to plow with.

They used to allow camping onsite I believe, so you'll be set if you want to sleep in your RV.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 6,979 Thanks
  • 14,356 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hope you can make it this Year OB.
Last year there were very few Bolens there. I'm not 100% sure but I believe my HT-23 was the only Bolens plowing. Hopefully you will be bringing one to plow with.

They used to allow camping onsite I believe, so you'll be set if you want to sleep in your RV.

Dad's 800 was there too but he didn't do much plowing. Actually neither of us did a whole lot of plowing. Would be great to see more Bolens there. Also would love to see a few more Bush Hogs LOL.

Looking forward to this year again and hopefully mother nature gives us terrific weather all weekend long.

• NJKen said thank you

#23 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• Member No: 8496
  • 53 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 05:33 PM

Alright guys, sorry it took me so long to get some details but i got everything figured out now several things to point out.

First: i am a new dad our newest addition to the plowday staff won't be trained for this year but you can expect her to help out in the up coming years.(she won't have a choice)

Second: We will be relocating for the third time in Pa Plow Days 9 year history, we will have right around 100 acres to plow, it is roughly 25 minutes west of our pervious location, in a small village of dewart. address of the farm is: 1820 river rd. watsontown, pa 17777. this address isn't the location where we will be centralized but will get you close enough within a couple hundred yards.

*one bad thing about this location is the fields are spaced out a bit all the fields are located within a mile, the tractors must be used to go to the fields as there is no parking for the trucks and trailers at each field
**bring gas**

we also will be splitting the tractors up a bit by size so the bigger ones will have a field of there own while smaller ones will too

third: there are several hotels within 25 mins, closest will be in New Columbia, second closest will be in Lewisburg, third closest will be in South Williamsport

fourth: we are just planning on plowing this year, no games. however if the weather doesnt allow us to plow we will break out the tractor games

fifth: for the first time we will be allowing plowing in the dark. we will set aside one field to be plowed friday night. you must have lights on the tractor plowing.

sixth: THERE WILL BE A $5 PLOWERS FEE this fee will be for anyone plowing, adults or kids, not tractor or anything else if you plan on plowing you will pay per person. you will be given a wrist band and you must be wearing this when plowing. the fee one time and good for both Friday and Saturday

seventh: we will be offering hooded sweat shirts this year they will be gray with the same logo as the t shirts

I think that sums up the new stuff, camping is allowed, food stand with a friday night dinner and saturday morning breakfast, still will be selling calendars and t shirts.

newsletters along with order forms for shirts calendars and hooded sweat shirts will be sent out in the next couple of weeks, if you have not been to a plowday and want a newsletter email me your address and ill be sure youll get one,

thanks, josh
use this email paplowday@msn.com

• olcowhand, DH1, MH81 and 4 others have said thanks

#24 Blazer OFFLINE  

Blazer

• Member No: 5894
  • 25 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 09:03 PM

My calendar is marked! I am ready to plow. Night plowing is a good time. Some of us did it one night trying to get a field finished. Nice steady pace and we finished it. See you all in April!

#25 Kevin Vasich OFFLINE  

Kevin Vasich

• Member No: 7211
  • 87 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the info hope to come. Is it Friday April 11th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th? I'm itching for dirt. I'm tired of snow.

#26 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• Member No: 8496
  • 53 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 12:25 PM

I made a mistake, plow day is Friday and Saturday there is no plowing on sunday
  • MH81 said thank you

#27 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• Member No: 267
  • 122 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 08:57 AM

Jeff, I am ready for some night time plowing again, that was a good night ........... more relaxing than day time plowing !!

#28 Hugh OFFLINE  

Hugh

• Member No: 1954
  • 140 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 01:27 PM

About a 5 hour drive for us too, 303 miles each way, well worth it. 

Looks like Comfort Inn in New Columbia is the way to go for hotels.

Counting down the days!

#29 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 217 Thanks
  • 251 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:06 PM

Man only 2.5 hours i either need to find a sleeve hit and plow for my bolens 1050 or a  3PT and plow for my large frame.

#30 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 3438
  • 769 Thanks
  • 988 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:16 PM

Congrats on the new addition Josh.  Looks like the new location is just up and off of 405 from Spencer Trucking's shop.  Being in Dewart it should be river bottom ground that should plow pretty nice.  Can't wait for April to get here.