Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Gotta Love Craigslist. Can Always Count To Finding A Good Laugh.

bolens fmc ht20

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Its gotten worse over the last 5 or 6 years. Before that you could buy most GTs at auctions for under $50.

These days they run anywhere from $250 on up for even one's in unknown condition.

Yeah, I remember those days

Glad I got most of my stuff and spare parts years before the craze began!

#17 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 10:51 AM

I think people today have forgotten how to negotiate, after years in the car business, I see it more and more. I can't believe how many will walk away and never ask the price or try and bargain a deal just because they don't like the price or they saw it advertised elsewhere cheaper.

.... listed it on CL for $800. I sold it about a month later for $450. I would have taken anything over $200 for it

I can't speak for anyone else, but a lot of this on my part is just not wanting to insult someone.  In your example above there's no way I would've offered $450 on something priced at $800.  I don't bother responding to an ad if they're priced double what it's worth.  I tend to price things I'm selling fairly close to what I want to get for it.

#18 oldiron OFFLINE  

oldiron
  • Member No: 28750
  • 34 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 11:19 AM

If you price things too low people tend to think there's something wrong with them.

It also attracts too many tire kickers with no money.

I find that a serious buyer will always try to reason or bargain for a fair price.

I've also had quite a few people just pay the asking price and never even try to bargain with me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, fmc, ht20