Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Gotta Love Craigslist. Can Always Count To Finding A Good Laugh.

bolens fmc ht20

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 05:34 AM

Was using SearchTempest a while ago and came across a CL listing in Caledonia, Michigan where three HT20's are listed for sale. I'll give you a hint. The snow chains are priced as the same as new. Now ready for sticker shock?

Wait. Be sure to read the entire description. You will see things like "Two 54" mower decks they each need some tlc work and are missing blades. The hangar brackets are included. You will need to procure some pins and clips to attach. $200.00 each".

Okay. Here's the link.

http://grandrapids.c...4128961501.html

You just can't make stuff up like this.  :rolling:

• hamman, backwoods, Dieselcubmike and 3 others have said thanks

#2 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:37 AM

Yep that stuff is over priced in my book and what are you doing looking around in my state?

• hamman, JRJ and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#3 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,177 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 07:44 AM

he's had that ad posted over and over...I don't hink he's adjusted the prices at all.  He did remove verbiage about the loader though...I"m guessing he got too many inquiries on just that, and removed teh option to sell it separate.

• JRJ and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,699 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 08:04 AM

I think he's been reading too many "what's it worth" threads on these Forums :wallbanging:

#5 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 08:11 AM

Batteries not included.

#6 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 09:50 AM

If there Bolens weights that seems to be what there getting for them,chains are about right,2 of the tractors are not such a good deal, the one for $650.00 if you could get it just a little cheaper would be right,good parts tractor,the tiller way to much,the snowplow a little high,(being he is saying well used)the 2 stage blower,those things are up and down in price,does look pretty clean

#7 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yep that stuff is over priced in my book and what are you doing looking around in my state?

:rolling:   wilberj, SearchTempest allows to to roam for miles in your CL search. I was actually looking for a hydraulic lift kit for the tubeframes #18703 (you know they are more elusive than a ball bearing in a one ton pile of bolts). This listing popped up, along with a snowblower and lift kit for an Iseki in Michigan. When I saw this I just had to share.  :thumbs:

#8 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 11:43 AM

I think he's been reading too many "what's it worth" threads on these Forums :wallbanging:

That was my first thought when reading the ad. :deadhorse:

#9 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 11:56 AM

WOW.......... Look's like somebody is trolling for fool's, I hope somebody call's his bluff and set's him straight.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#10 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 12:21 PM

WOW.......... Look's like somebody is trolling for fool's, I hope somebody call's his bluff and set's him straight.

No intent on trolling, but, not afraid to point out a fool. :rolling:

• T Guiles said thank you

#11 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 12:36 PM

It's really shocking how some people seem to think that what they own is worth so much. I can't tell you how many cool old ride's rot into the ground because of program's like Barrett Jackson, American Restorer  and such, Folk's that don't work on project's don't understand how much work, time, and money go into a project, guess that's why they ask top dollar for project's.......Thank's for the post. it's good to shake your head and laugh   :D

#12 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 02:14 PM

We as builders by things not so much for what they are but for what we can make out of them. If we see a more broader picture of what we could have later after the build we will pay a little more. These people want prices not for what they are now at their present condition but prices for what we can make out of them without them doing anything. My local scrap yard is a joke. Two pair of 12" wheels both with good tires one set $75. but because the other set was JD they want $100. The $75 wheels actually had better tires. I check SearchTempest everyday but lately I have to get really relaxed before searching or I get disgusted with it. 

#13 oldiron OFFLINE  

oldiron
  • Member No: 28750
  • 34 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 10:09 PM

If those tractors were out my way they'd probably already be sold providing the guy was willing to negotiate a package deal.

I think people today have forgotten how to negotiate, after years in the car business, I see it more and more. I can't believe how many will walk away and never ask the price or try and bargain a deal just because they don't like the price or they saw it advertised elsewhere cheaper.

About four months ago I bought a rough, not running HT23 at an auction in Northern NJ, I paid $220 for it, it had two dryrotted front tires that didn't hold air, the engine was apart and the back tires didn't match but both rims were good. I needed the back rims.
I took the two un rusted back rims and stole the headlight bulbs from it and listed it on CL for $800. I sold it about a month later for $450. I would have taken anything over $200 for it but the first buyer to show up made a deal for it. One man's junk is another man's treasure sure holds true with old tractors. Personally I only buy older machines, I try only to mess with the 1250 and 1455 models.

For what ever reason, tractors don't go cheap here, the best deals are at auctions where they don't belong, if you go to an all lawn and garden equipment type auction you'll pay top dollar and then some. Its the weekly auction houses where there's not hoards of buyers looking for old tractors where you find the best deals.

• shorty and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#14 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,945 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:53 AM

For what ever reason, tractors don't go cheap here, the best deals are at auctions where they don't belong, if you go to an all lawn and garden equipment type auction you'll pay top dollar and then some. Its the weekly auction houses where there's not hoards of buyers looking for old tractors where you find the best deals.

That is so true. Twice a year there is a auction about two miles from my place. For garden equipment only, they average about 400 running tractors, a few scut, a couple LT, mostly GT. There is not one bargain to be found there, everything brings top dollar. The best deals I have found are at consignment auctions that some local volunteer fire companies hold.

#15 oldiron OFFLINE  

oldiron
  • Member No: 28750
  • 34 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 05:29 PM

Its gotten worse over the last 5 or 6 years. Before that you could buy most GTs at auctions for under $50.

These days they run anywhere from $250 on up for even one's in unknown condition.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, fmc, ht20