25 replies to this topic

#16 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 03:54 PM

n0 but will try.. how did you find yours dave?

#17 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 04:22 PM

Actually, I didn't actually 'find' it.

Over at 'the other forum', a fella made a thread asking if anyone know anything about the HDT, and what it might be worth.

I had remembered seeing the thread that pulltilbroke made about a year earlier on the one that he bought.

So, I searched the forum for that thread, and posted the link to it for him. as it turned out, I was the ONLY person to bother to reply to him.

We ended up in a PM conversation, and after he bought it, I told him that if/when he ever decided to sell it, that I would like to have 'first dibs' on it.

Turned out that almost immediately after buying it, he ran into some financial difficulties because, unbeknownst to him, his wife hadn't been paying some bills, and he was now short on cash.

He PMed me asking if I wanted to buy it and what would I offer.  I knew what he actually paid for it, and he basically stole it.  Anyway, I made an offer which gave him a 66% profit on it, and he said OK.

When I went out to pick it up, we were talking and he said that he knew that he could have probably gotten more for it if he advertised it, but since I had been the only person to have bothered to actually give him some advice, that he thought that was worth taking a bit less due to that.

So in the end it was because I was a 'nice guy' to him.

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 28, 2013 - 04:23 PM.

• sacsr said thank you

#18 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:52 PM

wow I wish I could get so lucky. I swear I search every inch of the internet and can't find nothing but about yours and the one on ebay witch is now going to be in my back yard now I will have to live with until I die... what country were they mostly sent to? I know of one or 2 in Canada but if I had to I would get one imported I guess...  ever since you got yours I really been wanting one and since you got kids I will never get to yours or that 1886FL I still cant beleave you got that to... you find some great stuff... I remember when you gust had a couple 1256s lol

#19 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:25 PM

wow I wish I could get so lucky. I swear I search every inch of the internet and can't find nothing but about yours and the one on ebay witch is now going to be in my back yard now I will have to live with until I die... what country were they mostly sent to? I know of one or 2 in Canada but if I had to I would get one imported I guess...  ever since you got yours I really been wanting one and since you got kids I will never get to yours or that 1886FL I still cant beleave you got that to... you find some great stuff... I remember when you gust had a couple 1256s lol

Just wish the less common ones weren't all sitting outside :(

#20 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:38 PM

he got 2 building. im not sure if there up yet but he just got them

#21 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 08:51 AM

I used a site called www.zoomthelist.com , it will allow you to search craigslist by city, state, or country. I know how you feel though. When I got my HT23 I didn't know much about it and I couldn't find a mower deck for it anywhere. I finally found a guy and ended up trading my old style 3pt hitch (nos too) and a set of rear wheels and weathered Goodyear terra ag tires for it. The deck was an old 54" deck (red) in need of welding and bearing repairs. Looking back I wish I hadn't rushed. I believe I dealt myself the short end of the stick. Since then I've seen 50+ decks go up for sale. Hopefully you find an HDT - In the mean time can I have one of your big yellow bolens? You'll need the extra space for that future HDT anyways
  • olcowhand and sacsr have said thanks

#22 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 03:06 PM

my groundkeeper? lol tats my baby I never thought I would find one then one day it poped up on cl  with a blade giant 2 stage snowblower, 72in mower and the cab, they use to be imposable to find but people are starting to realize what they got and now there poping up but a lot of them are trashed and not complete

#23 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 03:53 PM

my groundkeeper? lol tats my baby I never thought I would find one then one day it poped up on cl  with a blade giant 2 stage snowblower, 72in mower and the cab, they use to be imposable to find but people are starting to realize what they got and now there poping up but a lot of them are trashed and not complete

That's pretty much the way that you will end up finding an HDT1000 as well.

Just hang in there :D :D :D .

#24 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 07:15 PM

that's true but the HDT is rare compaired to a GK

#25 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 11:46 AM

Not all HTD owners may have access to the internet, Especially those up in age and not interested in the technology. So, you may not find every tractor listed via internet. Try some of those Nickel Trader papers and what not. CL and ebay aren't the only means to list. Old technoogy isn't dead, yet. :deadhorse:

:wallbanging:

#26 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 11:58 AM

Not all HTD owners may have access to the internet, Especially those up in age and not interested in the technology. So, you may not find every tractor listed via internet. Try some of those Nickel Trader papers and what not. CL and ebay aren't the only means to list. Old technoogy isn't dead, yet. :deadhorse:

:wallbanging:

Why I dont think half the stuff is rare.   

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdt1000