Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Anyone Dealt With Spouse With Panic Attacks/anxiety?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,047 Thanks
  • 4,977 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 07:25 PM

Funny the wine comment came up, my sister keeps telling her to have a glass every night. :D

No wine with meds. Not a good combination. Those types of pills tend to amplify the effects of alcohol awhile that sounds nice it's not.
  • shorty and oldedeeres have said thanks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,415 Thanks
  • 4,880 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 07:49 PM

She is still having small panic attacks, Thanksgiving was good, we always have her family over at our house. They left early though so I think that bothered her some as they are usually here till late. I think they were worried they were bothering her.

She has gotten some sleep, only a few hours at a time, but at least she is getting some. She is afraid taking the sleep med as it wipes her out until like noon the next day, but then she waits to take it until she feels she has to until like 11-midnight. I told her to take it at like 7 then go crash, but what do I know  HAHA

While I was getting tractors this morning, her doctor called and wanted to see her. She had been seeing the NP up till now, he talked to her about it all and from what I was getting, he wasn't kept in the loop on her issues. He was really troubled about one the meds she was prescribed about 2 weeks ago which caused one of her hospital trips, he said she should not have gotten it.

Anyway he gave her a little milder sleep aid, it's actually an extra anxiety med until her Lexapro levels out. He also adjusted one of her others. He told her she has about 3-4 weeks to go for things to feel normal.

My niece and sisters are going to try to get her to go to their yoga class. They said this lady incorporate yoga into holistic healing with breathing and exercise so maybe that will help her.

She keeps wanting to check her heart rate/BP but it seems to be somewhat normal when she does, I think it's a lot mental.

Thanks all, she seems to be handling it better or at least trying. Now if I could just get some sleep, I was up off/on all night last night....it was all that good food!!!!

• MH81, sacsr and oldedeeres have said thanks

#33 MH81 OFFLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Marty, glad it's a little better. Sorry to hear she got the wrong stuff at first... That's frustrating, but not unheard of.
  • oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks