• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sarcasticone OFFLINE  

sarcasticone
  • Member No: 50283
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 01:43 PM

I have had this tractor for several years, one of my favorites. It is missing a few parts: side panels, most of the three point hitch and the brackets for the deck. It starts easily, runs well, hydraulics work properly, including the hydro drive and power steering, desperately needs front tires, 20x8x10. Rear tires are ok, 29x12x15. Also need a rebuild kit for the fuel pump, if anyone knows where to get one, I'd appreciate it. Lights work, front and rear, fender head lights i mean, not the lights on the hood. Amp gauge works, hour meter as well. From what I can tell, this is basically the same as a Ford LGT 195? It is possible that I may sell this tractor, I live in northern Illinois, approximately 40 miles straight south of Rockford. If anyone has any interest, please let me know. Also, by the serial number I'm guessing its a 20 hp Kohler engine, not sure what the 16 might mean, anyone? Possibly referring to the date which it was manufactured?

Leon

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05116.JPG
  • DSC05117.JPG
  • DSC05118.JPG

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 02:19 PM

On the serial, Jakcobsen has shown a tendency to start with 1601 and go up from there. And yes, the LGT 195 is the same just Ford branded.

• sarcasticone said thank you

#3 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Also, by the serial number I'm guessing its a 20 hp Kohler engine, not sure what the 16 might mean, anyone? Possibly referring to the date which it was manufactured?

Leon

The serial number has nothing to do with hp. Every tractor is given a different number so they can keep track of production.

The 53500 is the model number of the tractor. I do not know how Jacobsen came up with 53500 or what the numbers mean but, 

these tractors originally came equipped with 20hp engines. If you think the engine has been changed, it could be an 18, 20, or 23 hp. Look on the engine for a model number.

• sarcasticone said thank you

#4 sarcasticone OFFLINE  

sarcasticone
  • Member No: 50283
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 08:55 PM

More pics of the Jake in an album on my profile