Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
Wanted

Wtb: Allis Chalmers 312H Or 314H (Anywhere)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 07:37 AM

I figure it doesn't hurt to ask...I'M looking for a nice Allis Chalmers 312H or 314H (or possibly a 416H), preferably with electric lift, and preferably a nice original.  I've seen a few in the past, and it's the machine I've kicked my self for passing up on.  Doesn't have to run, but I would like something that is not in need of cosmetic work.  A little patina is just fine, as I'm looking to find an original to play with, and primarily to tug to shows.  (If I find one in the next 8 months or so, it will be pleasing crowds in LaPorte, IN at the AC Centennial Celebration)

I may be interested in an attachment or three for the 300/400 series as well...for practicality, I'd love a dozer, or something oddball like a composter.

I don't mind a drive of a couple hours, and have been known to make a day long run further.  If willing, I can also arrange freight.  Let me know what you have!

Thanks!
Josh

Edited by Talntedmrgreen, November 26, 2013 - 07:51 AM.

• hamman said thank you

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Josh, heres a few that I found in my local CL if you don't mind the drive.

http://pittsburgh.cr...4118859278.html

http://pittsburgh.cr...4205368316.html

#3 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 04:29 PM

I got Around $300 in mine and I got another one too. The other one is just parts but could be for sale :D The guy at the end of my street has two 314 and a 416 that he would sell also has some decks too. I got othe other 314 that I have and a rear mount mighty mac chipper shredder from him. I would have to know soon because I believe he talks about scraping them soon.

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

Edited by Tommy Williamson, December 13, 2013 - 04:33 PM.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted December 23, 2013 - 01:00 PM

I got Around $300 in mine and I got another one too. The other one is just parts but could be for sale :D The guy at the end of my street has two 314 and a 416 that he would sell also has some decks too. I got othe other 314 that I have and a rear mount mighty mac chipper shredder from him. I would have to know soon because I believe he talks about scraping them soon.

attachicon.gifIMG_2591.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2592.JPG

Sorry Tommy!  I missed this!  PA is probably too far for me, but I suppose, it would depend on the machine.  I've had an AC shipped form as far as Massechusetts, and do have a carrier that makes a run through PA, usually, twice per week.  I'd love to see them or know more.  I'd be especially interested in a 314H.

Thanks!!!

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 09:52 AM

Still shopping...can't believe this one has been 2 years.  I've passed on a couple due to distance or price, and regretted it, so my range and allowance has grown.  

Somebody send one my way!

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#6 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 03:27 PM

Still shopping...can't believe this one has been 2 years.  I've passed on a couple due to distance or price, and regretted it, so my range and allowance has grown.  

Somebody send one my way!

http://hudsonvalley....5234274343.html

http://chicago.craig...5217722567.html

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#7 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 07:36 PM

Unfortunately I'm not smoking anything quite as nice as what that fell at least must have :-)

I have tried to reach the fella in Chicago as that doesn't look like a half bad machine. Attachments look beat to hell and so I'm surprised the tractor looks at nice as it does. I'm not interested in anything that's been repainted so I would like to have it inspected in person before I were to make any serious offer. This is one of those machines where I'm sticking to my preferences on condition and originality.

There was a superb there was a superb example of a 314 on Facebook the other day but he ended up selling it to a buddy vs a stranger. I had pick up scheduled in Iowa and was ready to bring it home.

Seems like there are a number of them out there. most are well worn yet I've seen numerous survivors in great shape. The 312H however seems to be far more scarce... More scarce than I thought when I began looking. That just makes me want one more.
  • VintageIronCollector said thank you

#8 Gregor66 OFFLINE  

Gregor66
  • Member No: 76305
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 09:56 PM

Hi there,

I have a pretty decent 312H that I've owned for 18 years. It's probably worth your time. It's all original. I bought a new Kohler crate motor for it 15 years ago that has about 10 hours on it since new. I always thought I would restore it but too many other things to do. Let me know if your still looking.

Greg

#9 Tailgate101 OFFLINE  

Tailgate101
  • Member No: 76474
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 06:50 PM

I have a 312 H that I just picked up at an auction. I wasn't planing on selling it any time soon, but for the right price, any thing is fr sale.  It's not restored, and every thing works. I replaced a key switch, lights, and scraper bar for the blade. Some one before me put in the wrong gas tank. Not sure how original it is, but it hasn't been restored. 

It didn't come with a deck, but did come with a front blade, wheel weights and chains. Every thing works, and runs strong. As soon as I can figure out how to post a pic hear I will. 

OR, I would also be interested if you knew where I could find the correct gas tank, and a decent sized deck that would fit with out spending a ton of money. 

#10 Tailgate101 OFFLINE  

Tailgate101
  • Member No: 76474
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 06:52 PM

How do I post a picture of my 312 H hear? 

• KennyP said thank you

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted October 21, 2015 - 05:03 AM

How do I post a picture of my 312 H hear? 

Check the link in my signature!

#12 norwee OFFLINE  

norwee
  • Member No: 62743
  • 16 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 10:04 AM

I have a 314deluxe that has a bad engine. i have a blade, plow and the deck. I'll take 400 for it all.

also have a power king 1614 with bad engine- deck and plow 500

ss16 with bad engine- plow, cultivator, aerator. blade, deck. wheel weights, shop made box blade. parts for electric lift. I gave 1500 for all of this

i also have another Onan engine to replace this

I'm in central Oklahoma between El Reno and Hinton

norwee@htswireless.com

#13 HB44 OFFLINE  

HB44
  • Member No: 83316
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted July 05, 2016 - 07:55 AM

AllisChalmers312H_manual.JPG

I have a 1970 Allis Chalmers 312H that I just retired from "active duty" last year.  All original, not restored. Comes with mower deck.  Starter will eventually need to be rewound.  Youtube videos show start-up, mowers engaged and forward/backward motion.

https://youtu.be/nHRLjXK1aVg

https://youtu.be/FGUYC34QufY

More static photos uploaded soon - 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted