Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Heat Lamps

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Well the heat lamp worked like a charm.  After a couple of minutes with the heat lamp under the tractor, the throttle lever was moving and working again.  The lamp wasn't enough for an easier start but that's ok.  We're ready for the snow that's coming in.  I called the dealer just to see if this is something that they have seen a lot of.  I thought maybe he would tell me to reroute the cable to prevent freezing or something.  He's heard of it but not all that much so I'll just throw some heat on it when that happens and be done with it.  Thanks for the replies.

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#17 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 01:18 PM

Try putting WD-40 on it to prevent it from sticking. Ive never had a throttle cable stick unless it either rusted and broke off or came loose so id keep an eye on it and fix it before the snow in my opinion so its not so cold out to work on it.

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 01:23 PM

Ive never had a throttle cable stick unless it either rusted and broke off or came loose

Same here but this tractor is brand new so if the cable is rusted or broke, then we have a bigger underlying problem.  I think it was simply a little moisture freezing during a dramatic temperature change which is what we experienced here over the weekend.  As you know, it doesn't take much moisture to cause problems in weather like that.  I like the idea of WD-40 since it basically displaces water.  When I get some warm weather, I may try to work some in.  Thanks.

#19 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,447 Thanks
  • 3,993 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Using the heat lamp may be dangerous. In winter I use the hot air gun to fill Johnnies lung with fresh warm air - and it always helps!

• David Brown said thank you