• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chopperhed ONLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 06:44 PM

SO, I traded a closed side lgt 145, with really bad lgt100 sheet metal, for an open side lgt165 with no engine but solid everything else. The pics are up in another post.

I got a snowblade as part of the deal, and decided to throw it on my closed side 100.

Problem is the 100 doesn't have the rear frame brace,welded on, It uses a bolt on piece that I didn't get,so I had to make one.

I didn't have any flat bar big enough laying around so I cut a piece of angle on the band saw.

I had a piece of 1" 1018 round bar laying around, so I bored a couple of holes for the round bar, matched up the locations of the bolt holes with the 165 welded unit, and built the bracket. I had to weld on a couple of tabs for the other bolts but it should work OK, It's only a temporary fix..

I took the pics a couple of weeks ago, and they only show the bracket installed, not the construction.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN4303.JPG
  • DSCN4301.JPG
  • DSCN4300.JPG

• MH81 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 07:36 PM

That looks like a good job, isn't it nice to have a metal saw and arch welder.  It looks o.k. to me, after you have ground to weld down to make the  piece flush it doesn't matter what the weld itself looks like, just as long as you got good penetrati

Dick

#3 Chopperhed ONLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 08:40 PM

I spend a lot of time trying to get my shop set up, for free or cheap as I can..

The saw was a freebeie. And my current welder is a 100.00 Princess auto special.