• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 410 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think you know I am looking for a early round hood. :D Did I not try to buy yours when you here. :poke:

Oh I know it!! :D

• wilberj said thank you

#17 nglauer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 10:55 PM

I know how you feel - it makes me sick to see what people haul into the local scrap yards. Neither one down here will sell back to the public either. Once you cross through the gate you can't barter with anyone else on the property. You can leave and go outside the property and barter with another person, however you'll get in trouble if you try it on theirs. Really sucks because i've seen some nice stuff - I actually saw a really cool little riding mower the other day that i'd never seen. It was in excellent shape too - looked like a garage kept LT from the 60's.

My wife's grandma has storage units - she had a guy who fell off the map and quit paying for his unit. She left it untouched for about a year and without anyone coming forward to pay or respond she decided to clear the unit. It was completely packed with small engines, chainsaws, and a few GT's - one of which was a Minneapolis Moline with an Aluminum deck. It was in great shape and even had a completely restored or NOS spare rearend on the shelf. I looked at it, told her I wanted it - and she divided some of the other stuff between family before telling one of her employee's to load up the remainder and junk it. He didn't get the memo on the Moline - and it went to the scrapper without my knowledge. I was sick for a month - and really really angry. I wasn't even into GT's that much at the time... however seeing that one get scrapped made me pay closer attention.

Great save by the way - it may be rough.. but it looks to have some parts.. actually looks good on one side lol.