• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 03:50 AM

Glad to hear a solution was found. Did you put any reinforcement in the JB weld? I saw it mentioned but didnt see anything further and just wondered.
I would continue to watch for a replacement at flea markets and buddy's junk piles just in case. I'm sure if it gives out, one of the site supporters will have one or can track one down too.
  • LBrush said thank you

#17 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • Member No: 49072
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 07:11 AM

I have also thought of putting a steel tube inside the repair.  If I can find a piece, the perfect diameter, and cut it about a quarter of an inch long, that will build up it's strength from the inside.  But finding that "perfect piece" will be like watching pigs fly.  I'll work on it though.  They are too expensive to just throw away.  I have to be resourceful.  I do like to tinker with these tractors and this is just another problem solving trip that will end up right, one way or another.   (I hope) :worship:

• MH81 said thank you

#18 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • Member No: 49072
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Ran it hard today mulching leaves and no leaks from the carb.  I believe this worked.  I will be cautious though as I haven't seen anyone else try this.  I don't mind being a guinee pig, but I don't want to ride a toaster either.  :mad2:   But in all honesty, I think this worked.  Time will tell.  :shoot2:

Just saw this icon of Firefox.  That's all i use.  I owned a computer store till it got to be no fun anymore.  Sold it.  Now I do JD's and enjoy the retired life.  :luvfirefox:

• MH81, Trav1s and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks